By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Possible 2D Metroid hint ?

If this happens, I think the most likely scenario is a Super Metroid remake, just saying.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Luke888 said:

Oh, I bet NLG is likely working on MP4 right now, I mean who got more "advice" and criticism on what they've done than NLG ? They got so many guidelines by fans complaint that they can make an amazing 3D Metroid...

NLG isn't nearly talented enough to make a good MP4. They should stay far away from the Metroid franchise. Let them make Luigi's Mansion 3 or another Mario Strikers game. 

Since when is making a shitty game a prerequisite to making a good game? 

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic, but only he really knows!

I definitely think they're making LM3 right now with how well the last one sold, but I do hope they get back to Strikers someday.

Alkibiádēs said:
Luke888 said:

Oh, I bet NLG is likely working on MP4 right now, I mean who got more "advice" and criticism on what they've done than NLG ? They got so many guidelines by fans complaint that they can make an amazing 3D Metroid...

NLG isn't nearly talented enough to make a good MP4. They should stay far away from the Metroid franchise. Let them make Luigi's Mansion 3 or another Mario Strikers game. 

They ARE talented, they simply never worked on a Shooting game so it only makes sense for them to mess up stuff in Federation Force, especially since it was born with a terrible idea in the first place(aka co-op only campaign) . I think NLG should have two teams by now so the team who worked on Federation Force can gear up to make a proper MP4 by focusing on criticism of Federation Force while the other team works on Luigi's Mansion 3/other stuff

flashfire926 said:
If this happens, I think the most likely scenario is a Super Metroid remake, just saying.

I mean, I would be down for that but does it really make sense to make a remake when Super Metroid is one of the games that will be offered to people who buy online at some point in the Switch lifetime ?

Einsam_Delphin said:
Alkibiádēs said:

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic, but only he really knows!

I definitely think they're making LM3 right now with how well the last one sold, but I do hope they get back to Strikers someday.

nope

I would absolutely love a new 2D Metroid

I just hope is not the big Retro Studio game because that would make people angry, otherways, yeah give me a great 2D Metroid.

Alkibiádēs said:
Barkley said:

I think if Metroid was to make a return it'd be a 3d entry, but they're making a 2d pikmin game. So really anything can happen.

Comparison doesn't make much sense as Metroid started as a 2D game and all the 2D entries were well received. 

Huh? It was simply a post saying I don't expect Metroid to return to 2d but Nintendo does things I'd expect even less. Not a comparison...

Around the Network

To be honest I would prefer another 3D Metroid like prime, but I won't be bothered by a 2D one.

Luke888 said:

nope

Oh, well I don't agree with that line of thinking then, for one because a big part of the hate simply comes from having Metroid Prime in the title, not necessarily because the game is bad. I bet had it been a new IP instead (or if there was a mainline metroid nearby) it would be getting praised at best, ignored at worst, like with Codename Steam.  Secondly because the actual constructive criticism that there is be based on Federation Force, a spin-off, not a mainline Metroid Prime game. It would only help them make a better Federation Force.

finished zero mission for the first time this morning, could definetly do with some more 2D metroid!

Lol. You are absolutely reading way too much into that. Having said that, based on Reggie's Gamespot interview at the Switch event, it would not surprise me for a classic-ish Metroid or some other hybernated brand to be announced for Switch at E3.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Barkley said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Comparison doesn't make much sense as Metroid started as a 2D game and all the 2D entries were well received. 

Huh? It was simply a post saying I don't expect Metroid to return to 2d but Nintendo does things I'd expect even less. Not a comparison...

But we've been getting 2D and 3D Metroid games at the same time. They didn't leave 2D Metroid to make 3D Metroid games. Fusion released on the same day as the first Prime and Zero Mission released around the same time as Prime 2. 

Another 2D Metroid game wouldn't be a bigger surprise than another Prime game. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides