By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Turkey's Erdoğan approves bill giving him sweeping new powers

Turkish said:

So freedom of speech is dead in Europe, Pegida can hold rallies but a Nato ally has its diplomats blocked from entering the country. Netherlands and the other states did something very wrong and inexcusable.

LadyJasmine said:
Radical Islam has cursed Turkey to demise

Girl I invite you to Turkey, you will see it's still the same ole Turkey, hospitable, friendly people and culture, also nice weather

Well, obviously there's going to be nice people in Turkey. It's the Turkish people that are going to suffer the most from Erdogan's policies.

Around the Network

So let me get the situation straight. The Netherlands said they didn't want Turkish ministers rallying for this referendum of them which go against all Western ideology of freedom, basically making Turkey a dictatorship (again). Turkey sends their ministers anyway and called The Netherlands and Germany Nazi and facist. Yet The Netherlands is the bad guy here. If The Netherlands doesn't want you to come stay the fuck away. I wouldn't invite or welcome a regime which calls me or my (true) allies as Nazi either. Screw NATO ally on that part they are friends with the Russians anyway. And now they want sanctions against the Netherlands, I truely hope the whole EU gives a permanent negative travel advice for Turkey if that guy becomes a dictator. We are also mass murderers according to Erdogan because of Sebrenica dissaster. Sure we didn't do anything to help them while we should have done so, but we didn't pull the trigger the Seriband did though.

To all the Dutch/European Turks. If you think this country is so god freaking awful and fasist nazi state. Nobody is preventing you to leave and go back to Turkey if you think you have a better life there. Leave by all means you still got a Turkish Passport anyway.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
So let me get the situation straight. The Netherlands said they didn't want Turkish ministers rallying for this referendum of them which go against all Western ideology of freedom, basically making Turkey a dictatorship (again). Turkey sends their ministers anyway and called The Netherlands and Germany Nazi and facist. Yet The Netherlands is the bad guy here. If The Netherlands doesn't want you to come stay the fuck away. I wouldn't invite or welcome a regime which calls me or my (true) allies as Nazi either. Screw NATO ally on that part they are friends with the Russians anyway. And now they want sanctions against the Netherlands, I truely hope the whole EU gives a permanent negative travel advice for Turkey if that guy becomes a dictator. We are also mass murderers according to Erdogan because of Sebrenica dissaster. Sure we didn't do anything to help them while we should have done so, but we didn't pull the trigger the Seriband did though.

To all the Dutch/European Turks. If you think this country is so god freaking awful and fasist nazi state. Nobody is preventing you to leave and go back to Turkey if you think you have a better life there. Leave by all means you still got a Turkish Passport anyway.

That's a huge generalization. It's not like all Turkish people are fans of Erdogan. In fact I met a Turkish person a few months ago here, asked him what he thought of him, and his response was "he's shit!"

VGPolyglot said:
Qwark said:

That's a huge generalization. It's not like all Turkish people are fans of Erdogan. In fact I met a Turkish person a few months ago here, asked him what he thought of him, and his response was "he's shit!"

Yoi did count the ifs right. The Dutch Turks who dont support Erdogan or the ones which are integrated don't think The Netherlands is a remnant of Nazi state. Or at least I hope so. But we do have quite a few Dutch Turks who think so.

Look up the Dutch political party Denk who thinks we deliberately don't give or give less health care to immigrants appearently think we are, they also blame The Netherlands for this incident  (of course). They are quite popular though these days.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

For some time Turkey was held up as an islamic nation that was progressive and democratic but now seems to be pretty much like other islamic countries. It seems on course for civil war at some point. It seems islamic belief's and political corruption goes hand in hand. Not that politicians in general aren't corrupt it just seems much worse in islamic countries. It's like a medieval mindset in the 21st century.

Around the Network
Qwark said:
VGPolyglot said:

Those people probably don't think The Netherlands is a remnant of Nazi state now do they. But since we do have quite a few who think so. Look up the Dutch political party Denk who thinks we deliberately don't give or give less health care to immigrants appearently think we are.

Well, pretty much anyone can form a political party. However, the vast majority of them will gian almost no influence, and I assume that DENK will be no different. However, their manifesto seems to be the following:

• a tolerant society in which we accept each other.
  • a caring society in which we have an eye for each other.
  • a learning society in which we utilize everyone's talents.
  • a sustainable society where we have to worry about our environment.
  • a just society, promoting international justice.
That doesn't sound so bad, does it?

bonzobanana said:
For some time Turkey was held up as an islamic nation that was progressive and democratic but now seems to be pretty much like other islamic countries. It seems on course for civil war at some point. It seems islamic belief's and political corruption goes hand in hand. Not that politicians in general aren't corrupt it just seems much worse in islamic countries. It's like a medieval mindset in the 21st century.

I don't know if there's any proof that Islamic countries are more corrupt than others.

bonzobanana said:

That's quite independant of religion, just a property of countries that aren't developped enough. Most of South America, Africa, and Nepal (from more personal experience) all have high corruption. China is an open Oligarchy, so already a step ahead of Erdogan, though they are slowly reducing corruption (as expected, as the the nation becomes more developped.)

Money in itself isn't enough - what you need is a well-educated middle class with high-quality jobs.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Turkish said:

So freedom of speech is dead in Europe, Pegida can hold rallies but a Nato ally has its diplomats blocked from entering the country. Netherlands and the other states did something very wrong and inexcusable.

Can you provide a link to the blocking diplomats thing? 

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

palou said:
bonzobanana said:

That's quite independant of religion, just a property of countries that aren't developped enough. Most of South America, Africa, and Nepal (from more personal experience) all have high corruption. China is an open Oligarchy, so already a step ahead of Erdogan, though they are slowly reducing corruption (as expected, as the the nation becomes more developped.)

Money in itself isn't enough - what you need is a well-educated middle class with high-quality jobs.

Well, China's "anti-corruption" efforts are actually just Xi Jinping attempting to eliminate the opposition. China is still very corrupt, and shows no signs of that changing.