By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - My aspirations and intentions as a moderator

I do not think bias enter in consideration when taking a mod role.
The person's mature enough to do both and not abuse power.

Around the Network

I think you needa be able to be taken seriously to become a mod, and I'm not even sure if you're actually serious about becoming a mod (OP doesn't instill confidence), so I would say the right call was made here.

Einsam_Delphin said:
I think you needa be able to be taken seriously to become a mod, and I'm not even sure if you're actually serious about becoming a mod (OP doesn't instill confidence), so I would say the right call was made here.

People who say that just haven't read every single post Rol ever made. Like I have.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

If i were a mod id vote for you haha.

vivster said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

People who say that just haven't read every single post Rol ever made. Like I have.

Seriously? Damn you must of been really bored! Not sure how that would change anything though, it's the latest post which are the most relevant and atleast to me they don't scream mod material.

think-man said:

And there goes your chances of ever becoming a mod!

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
vivster said:

Seriously? Damn you must of been really bored! Not sure how that would change anything though, it's the latest post which are the most relevant and atleast to me they don't scream mod material.

think-man said:

Then just read some. There is good stuff in there. Saying he's not serious about stuff is ignorance and not the truth.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I had a dream. A dream that Rol was mod.  It was a bad dream.  

LEL

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

vivster said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Then just read some. There is good stuff in there. Saying he's not serious about stuff is ignorance and not the truth.

I didn't say that, besides what matters is what he says, and having someone who intentionally and frequently tries to bait and rile people up, the thing mods are supposed to prevent, as mod just doesn't make sense.

Einsam_Delphin said:
vivster said:

I didn't say that, besides what matters is what he says, and having someone who intentionally and frequently tries to bait and rile people up, the thing mods are supposed to prevent, as mod just doesn't make sense.

I think Rol's idea was that he could bait people into saying bannable things, and then ban them, thus proving his own perceieved superiority. Instead Rol will just have to keep pretending to be a moderator and expecting people to take him/her seriously. However, I don't think (or at least I hope) that the mods of the site never took his/her mod bid seriously. Rol might have this site's best interests at heart, but his/her perspective on the best interests of this site is just a bit skewed to put it politely.