By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the PS4 the best of both worlds now? (PC & Consoles)

Not really, I'd say. To me, it doesn't seem like the best of both worlds, but... just a different world. It's just a gaming platform with its games and features, as are all game consoles are and the PC. Not one is better than the other, but it's just a matter of preference. Though if you wanted the best of all games, then having them all would be the best way to do it, haha.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

LOL. No.

Consoles are not even close. The PC type features consoles do, still do them very cheaply and/or poorly.

No because PS4 doesn't have the best part of PC games, the yuri visual novels.

And even if PS got some the prices wouldn't be able to compete with steam and their sales.

(Besides the point that I can do a lot of stuff outside of videogames on a computer that a console cannot do, so is not really fair to compare them on a serious note)

Its a worthy argument, at least until I get my hands on this: ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ

and my 2080ti

Azzanation said:

What does a PS4 offer that a PC does not offer apart from a cheaper price point. Dont say exclusives because i can name heaps of PC exclusives that arent available on PS4 or consoles.

PCs still offer physical games.

You can replace internal harddrives in PCs.

There are more PC exclusives than all 3 major console makers.

Online community is in another league compared to PS4. (Leaps and bounds bigger)

PCs are easy to use in 2017 (ill agree if we are talking in the 1990s)

PCs offer a better VR experience 

PCs offer better visuals on all games.

PCs have a bigger gaming library

PCs have access to all sorts of controllers including the DS4.

Is this even a contest?

If you're poor then get a PS4. If you want premium gaming than PC. Theres no other way.

if you are poor just save your money, gaming is not for the poor. well if you have a decent pc most pc games are free.

Around the Network

360 controller is better. DS4 is good but not that good. Xbox one controller is worst.

Well the ps4 pro runs very warm within the "boost mode" prepare to see a lot of videos on youtube with the "boost mode" making a lot of ps4 reaching critical mass live hahahahaha.

34 years playing games.

snyps said:
360 controller is better. DS4 is good but not that good. Xbox one controller is worst.

My PS4 controller with XBO sticks is my favorite

TBH hard to tell any difference now.

PS4 doesn't even have one one thing from PC. PC is about choice. Console is about the opposite. Since "ease of use" is stated as a positive I'm going to assume that console players are not able or willing to handle choice.

Stop trying to pretend that there is one platform superior to all others. PS4 isn't the best of 2 worlds. It isn't even the best of one world and only claims a tiny fraction of the other. We have yet to see a console that has even one of the best things PC has.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.