By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Vgchartz awards.

I nominate wiiforever for most annoying vg chartz member j/k

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
ctk495 said:
Can this thread get a Sticky?

No, GAMERS won't approve it.

Which gamers?

RolStoppable said:
ctk495 said:

lol...doesn't matter.  GAIL has shown strong support of Stickiness since it's inception and carries much more clout than the under-represented GAMERS. 

super_etecoon said:
RolStoppable said:
ctk495 said:

lol...doesn't matter.  GAIL has shown strong support of Stickiness since it's inception and carries much more clout than the under-represented GAMERS. 

Sorry for my ignorance, but can you please explain me who is GAIL and who is GAMERS?

ctk495 said:
super_etecoon said:
RolStoppable said:
ctk495 said:

lol...doesn't matter. GAIL has shown strong support of Stickiness since it's inception and carries much more clout than the under-represented GAMERS.

Sorry for my ignorance, but can you please explain me who is GAIL and who is GAMERS?

Rol has stated all that can be said about GAMERS.  SSJ12 can tell you about GAIL.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
ctk495 said:
super_etecoon said:
RolStoppable said:
ctk495 said:

lol...doesn't matter. GAIL has shown strong support of Stickiness since it's inception and carries much more clout than the under-represented GAMERS.

Rol has stated all that can be said about GAMERS. SSJ12 can tell you about GAIL.

I don't even know why he started GAIL in the first place. Kind of pointless especially over the internet, in a gaming forum, with Soriku in it.

super_etecoon said:
ctk495 said:
super_etecoon said:
RolStoppable said:
ctk495 said:

Rol has stated all that can be said about GAMERS.  SSJ12 can tell you about GAIL.

Okay thank's a lot.

Is there an award about chunkiness?

so confused, what did I miss?

Not to pour water on this, but didn't someone get banned last time by ioi for eliminate him from a "user of the year" thread? :P

Let me just say.. if ioi's on the line, I forfeit my vote. lol

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

These are usually fun ideas. However they balloon into meaningless popularity contests. Whoever has the biggest clique backing them will win regardless of whether there is a merit for it. You also cannot ignore that posters often vote just to remove threats against their guy rather then stating a honest belief.

I recommend a three phase plan. Simple fast and very difficult to abuse. Totally nullifying the group dynamic that basically destroys such games.

Phase 1.

Create ten categories both fame and shame. Then open up a one vote system for posters. Each poster can only vote once, and they must nominate someone not themselves to one specific category. Only the first two hundred votes are tallied. Each nominee can only participate in the first category for which they were recommended. So one person can only compete in one category. Any duplicate votes are discounted but those among the two hundred to cast their vote may only vote in the category they nominated for.

Phase 2.

Run the contest for each group one a day for ten days. Voters must only vote in one contest. So you might only vote in the third or fourth contest only that which matters most to you. So there can be no cheating, because cliques are generally stupid. They will blow all their votes on the first day voting for just one person never thinking beyond the fact that they can't help their other buddies down the line. They can also only give one vote for one point. The contestant with the most votes in twenty four hours wins.

Phase 3.

On day twelve you take the ten winners and have your contest for poster of the year. Once your at that point you can take the gloves off and have whatever is the most intense system you can imagine that doesn't allow gang rape evictions.

Categories

1. Scholar
2. Statistician
3. Orator
4. Prognosticator
5. Humorist
6. Zealot
7. Anarchist
8. Troll
9. Satan
10. Saint

You can spread the joy out over two weeks. The system keeps the voting simple no complex rules to follow beyond one vote and only in one thing. Should be interesting to see how smart these forums are. How will you spend your one vote will it be to help a friend win a contest or to save someone from a horrible title. After all someone is bound to nominate someone for a bad category they do not belong in. Depends entirely on who gets to the mad dash first. So your posse cannot really back you up. That means the voting will be honest. The only thing we need be wary of are clones and you can discount any poster with less then thirty posts.

Anyway that is where my thinking takes me.