By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Retro Studios possibly hinting at Metroid Prime

I would prefer Retro Studios makes a new IP, but at the same time this seems like a bit of a reach anyway to say that because they posted pictures of food that it somehow means hinting at Metroid.

Around the Network

Cranky Kong: The game.

Also, wasn't OBE1's 'leak' about the new Metroid where he also specifically stated that it's by a developer that nobody would expect to be working on it?

If that were the case there's no way it would be Retro Studios.

Miyamotoo said:
KLXVER said:
Such a sad thing that Retro get stuck with just making sequels.

You dont know if new Retro game is sequel.

Well if its a new IP, then color me shocked.

I hope so.

Around the Network

I kinda feel like the Prime trilogy came to a satisfying conclusion. I don't really need a fourth installment.

I'd be fine if Retro worked on a 2D sequel to Fusion, though. That would be fun :)

KLXVER said:
Miyamotoo said:

You dont know if new Retro game is sequel.

Well all "leakers" were saying that Retro is not working on Metroid and that they working on new IP instead.

Miyamotoo said:
KLXVER said:

Well all "leakers" were saying that Retro is not working on Metroid and that they working on new IP instead.

That would be great. The potential this studio has is really huge I think. I love DKC and MP, but it would be great to see them do some new stuff now.

I'm a fan of Metroid games and i don't want them to make another one.

Their talent should be used for something bigger than Metroid.
Their talent should be used for games that might actually interest Sony and MS fans. Metroid games won't.

Of course, i still want to play more Metroid games, but let someone else do it for a change. Retro needs to expand their horizons.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I kinda feel like the Prime trilogy came to a satisfying conclusion. I don't really need a fourth installment.

I'd be fine if Retro worked on a 2D sequel to Fusion, though. That would be fun :)

Why not a Prime style sequel to Metroid Fusion?