By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Weird stuff with the World Software chart

Not sure if this should go here, but I figure it's more about things concerning the sites than games sales themselves.

I was happy to notice how the American Weekly chart got updated a matter of minutes ago, was impressed by the sales of the Wii's current flagship titles, and figured I'd check how they look on the all-time sales list.

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&console=Wii&publisher=&sort=Total

I was rather surprised to find 3 new millions sellers on the list. I can believe Raving Rabbids and Red Steel reaching septule digits, although I am a bit skeptical, but Super Paper Mario doesn't make any sense as the numbers don't match up with the Weekly data at all. The weekly chart says 356k in Japan and 463k in America, but the all-time chart has the numbers as 480k and 530k respectively.

I want the game to hit a million as much as anyone out there, but I think we're jumping the gun by a few weeks here. =P

Oh, and it seems Raving Rabbids is over 100k higher on the worldwide chart than the weekly one. I tried to find Red Steel, but it isn't even showing up on the weekly chart.

Around the Network

Oh, allright then. A bit confusing how different sections of the site use different numbers, but I suppose I'll get over it. ^^ So Resistance is still the only PS3 game to even ship a million?

Sweet, you updated the million sellers. Wow, Wii is up to 7 already. Impressive. Resistance is back for the PS3. Good stuff.

ioi said:
Well it does say "Million Shipments", same with Worldwide Hardware section - shipments not sales (hence 5.5m PS3)...

eheh according to the Charts, Nintendo shipped 5.8m Wii's...  oops!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

It's as of the end of March gebx. :>

Around the Network
DKII said:
It's as of the end of March gebx. :>

Sorry, I thought those numbers where updated with the software...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)