By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. February bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#08 PS4s UC4 Bundle (same)
#15 NES (up 2)
#21 3DSXL Yellow (down 5)
#42 PS4Pro (down 3)
#46 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (same)
#93 XB1s-500gb Minecraft Bundle (down 4)
#94 NES Eu Edition (new entry)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)**
#03 PS4 Nioh (same)
#04 NiS Breath Of The Wild (same)
#06 PS4 Horizon Zero Dawn (up 1)
#13 WiiU Breath Of The Wild (same)
#18 PS4 Kingdom Hearts HD (up 2)

PS4:
2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1:
2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NiS:  0 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Does not affect this month:
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

so does Xbox One have better deals elsewhere?

Bandorr said:
celador said:
so does Xbox One have better deals elsewhere?

Gamestop at one point had a buy the original Xbox one (not s) for $300/$350 and get 4 games (which were three cheap ones and Forza).

Barney was very excited for the $280 one at Microsofts website.

Don't know if he ever figured out it was cheaper at Amazon..

well should be a pretty comfortable victory in January then for PS4

maybe the combination of these smaller exclusives has more impact than I thought, or maybe it's just Xbox's usual post-holiday slump

Seems that this hasn't been posted here yet, but the PSVR bundle with PlayStation VR Worlds, 1 move camera and 2 move controllers ($499) should get some stock next week http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/01/more-playstation-vr-bundles-coming-this-month/
There's also gonna be an Until Dawn: Rush of Blood bundle, but that's exclusive to EB Games and GameStop.

celador said:
Bandorr said:

Gamestop at one point had a buy the original Xbox one (not s) for $300/$350 and get 4 games (which were three cheap ones and Forza).

maybe the combination of these smaller exclusives has more impact than I thought, or maybe it's just Xbox's usual post-holiday slump

I think the XB1 is going to perform like the Wii did in its later years.  Pretty slow during non-holiday months, but sell very well during the holidays.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
celador said:

I think the XB1 is going to perform like the Wii did in its later years.  Pretty slow during non-holiday months, but sell very well during the holidays.

it´s a dead system once Switch rolls around. 

celador said:
Bandorr said:

Some good ones amoung them though.

Gravity rush 2, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, Tales of Berseria, Yakuza 0, Digimon World: Next Order, Nioh, Horizon Zero Dawn (late feb).

Oh! Zelda got passed!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

JRPGfan said:
celador said:

Some good ones amoung them though.

Gravity rush 2, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, Tales of Berseria, Yakuza 0, Digimon World: Next Order, Nioh, Horizon Zero Dawn (late feb).

That are what I think he meant though.  Not that they are bad, just small in terms of market pull.  Nioh seems surprisingly big compared to expectations and Horizon Zero Dawn is shaping up to be impactful indeed.  But all of these do help keep PS4 in the public mind.  And their existence certainly does a lot more for PS4's image than the cancelation of Scalebound did for Xbox's brand :P

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#08 PS4s UC4 Bundle (same)
#19 NES (down 4)
#40 3DSXL Yellow (down 19)
#46 PS4Pro (down 4)
#47 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (down 1)
#99 XB1s-500gb Minecraft Bundle (down 6)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)**
#03 PS4 Nioh (same)
#05 NiS Breath Of The Wild (down 1)
#06 PS4 Horizon Zero Dawn (same)
#14 WiiU Breath Of The Wild (down 1)

PS4:
2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1:
2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NiS:  0 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Does not affect this month:
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

The PS5 Exists.