By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. February bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Absolutely no Xbox ?

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Scorpio is now getting heavily promoted and Horizon is getting closer. Add to that the ridiculous number of PS4 exclusives versus Halo Wars and there's your answer.

I get all that. But that doesn't explain it being completely out of the Top 100. Not even in the 80-100 range?

To be fair, the Battlefield bundle which hovered around the 50s, is sold out, and the Forza bundle that would likely take its place only ships in 1 to 2 months. 

celador said:
bananaking21 said:

most sales will be digital and on PC. this is an RTS after all. 

not sure about most xbox sales being digital, still think it is doing badly. no hype around it on any forums either

I mean, it's an RTS.  Odds of it doing well on Xbox I find pretty small.  And what's worse, it looks very much like a budget effort, it's nowhere near as visually impressive as other strategy games.  And it being tied to Windows 10 further hurts it's sales.  And to top it off, it is designed to work with a controller to the detriment of keyboard and mouse controls.  In short, I really don't see Halo Wars 2 being very successful at all.

Wow, there's not a single XBO console in the top 100. Has this ever happened before? (PS4 still in top 20 and top 50)

Bandorr said:
I bet its the Microsoft Store deal. They are doing $50 AND a free game. I don't think Amazon is matching that free game.

But yeah the Minecraft bundle is $248, and is #103.

I doubt that has as much impact as you might expect.

I think it more likely xbox one just isnt selling as much as normal this month.

Around the Network

7 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#15 PS4 UC4 (same)
#18 NES (up 1)
#40 PS4 Infinite Warfare (up 10)
#48 NES Eu Version (up 19)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)**
#03 PS4 Horizon Zero Dawn (same)
#04 NiS Breath Of The Wild (same)
#07 WiiU Breath Of The Wild
(same)
#98 PS4 Berserk And The Band Of Hawk (up 1)

PS4:
2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1:
0 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:
  0 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Does not affect this month:
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

If you recall, for various reasons, I predicted a spike in the last quarter of 2016 and then a potential crash of the XB1 market in 2017.

The PS5 Exists. 

Bandorr said:
I bet its the Microsoft Store deal. They are doing $50 AND a free game. I don't think Amazon is matching that free game.

But yeah the Minecraft bundle is $248, and is #103.

Not likely. Microsoft store isn't big enough to take sale away from Amazon like that. 

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#15 PS4 UC4 (same)
#18 NES (same)
#37 PS4 Infinite Warfare (up 3)
#50 NES Eu Version (down 2)

(same)
#82 PS4 Berserk And The Band Of Hawk (up 16)

PS4:
2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1:
NIS:

The PS5 Exists. 

malistix1985 said:
No real dates yet, crackdown 3 and state of decay and sea of thieves should all be after E3.

Voodoo Vince and Phantom dust might be before but they won't push sales by any stretch of the imagination. Its clear Microsoft are pushing forward with their vision for Scorpio being a "reboot" of this generation for them, lets see how it works out.

Microsoft sales should suck until June and then E3 will either blow the scorpio hype up or they will show some games people will want to own a Xbox one S for, its gonna be a rough year either way especially at the beginning.

Last year wasn't very different quantum break bombed just like halo wars will and it took the XBox one S and some good end of the year exclusives to salvage 2016

C3, state of decay and sea of thieves will do very little to move hardware 

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#14 PS4 UC4 (up 1)
#21 NES (down 3)
#34 PS4 Infinite Warfare (up 3)
#45 NES Eu Version (up 5)

(same)
#78 PS4 Berserk And The Band Of Hawk (up 4)

PS4:
XB1:
NIS:

The PS5 Exists.