By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 4 Times Shigeru Miyamoto Was an Asshole

Rare, Argonauts, Rockstar North... Wow Nintendo loves to screw UK based developers. :/

Around the Network

tag for later laughting

I still agree with Miyamoto on DKC - the first game is solid, but painfully basic.

I remember enjoying Croc, but the primitive camera,nonexistant draw distance & tank controls limited it. Don't believe I ever beat it because a level towards the end required some crazy manipulation of the camera while jumping across tiny platforms over a death pit.

Interesting video, a bit long but worth it. Nintendo's history with UK based developers in the 90s. Creation of GTA 3 and why Rockstar will never ever make a 3D GTA for Nintendo systems, etc.

Must watch.

Old video is old, on top of that we already had a thread about this exact video

Around the Network

4 times this was already a thread. Well not really, but pretty sure this was a thread 2 times already

I thought that i had already seen this on vgchartz some time ago.

On one hand, I can count the number of times Shigi was an as asshole!
:o

Only 4 times in over 20 years?

That's great, the average VGC-user manages that per week, the busy ones even per day ;)

Interesting stuff. Pretty shady if true. I found this pretty messed up too. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-26-miyamoto-asked-rare-to-tone-down-goldeneye-007

I wish I knew how to find this story on VGC. I swear it had more exposition on the situation than the article linked.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."