By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Make a Video Game System with Ten Franchises

Ok, Toads and Toadettes, I have a new exercise for you.

Make a fictional system with ten, and only ten, franchises.

Here are the rules:

• Two franchises from Nintendo
  • Two franchises from Sony
  • Two franchises from Microsoft
  • Two franchises from third-parties
  • Two flex franchises from whichever categories you want
Please limit yourself to specific franchises/series. Mario doesn't cover everything from Mario Kart to Super Mario to Mario & Luigi. These are all individual series.

Also, if possible, please explain WHY you made your picks.

Enjoy!

Around the Network

My picks:

1) The Legend of Zelda -- I cannot live without this series. For me it's the most reliable and most brilliant around. The combination of real-time action with puzzle-solving and exploration never, ever gets old.

2) Super Mario -- whether Mario is exploring Ghost Houses on a 2D plane or navigating the universe in 360 degrees, his games consistently deliver brilliant platforming and lots of ingenuity 

3) Gears of War -- the folks at The Coalition proved there's still a lot of life left in this series. With Halo treading water, I consider Gears to be the Xbox' flagship franchise

4) Banjo-Kazooie -- the series has suffered under Microsoft's leadership, but I know there's potential there. Nuts & Bolts wasn't what fans wanted, nut it represents one of the better examples of user-generated content on the market. We just need a true successor to Banjo-Tooie

5) Ratchet & Clank -- as long as Insomniac is willing to make R&C games for PlayStation, I'm willing to play them. 

6) Wipeout -- with Studio Liverpool gone, the future of Wipeout remains in doubt. An HD collection is on the way, but what would be much more meaningful is a brand new game, built from the ground up on PS4.

7) Souls -- From Software opened my eyes with Demon's Souls. Now I'm a believer. 

8) Street Fighter -- the fifth installment might have shipped sans essential content, but the fighting mechanics are still second to none. And I'm excited about the old-school throw-back that is Ultra Street Fighter II.

9) Xenoblade -- Nintendo swooping up Monolith Soft was a stroke of genius, as the studio has filled a vacant RPG gap in Nintendo's stable of IPs. Plus it delivered the best game of the 7th gen in Xenoblade Chronicles, and, soon, a sequel on Switch.

10) Mario Kart -- coming off arguably its best installment yet, Mario Kart is looking more and more like an indispensible property. 

1. New Super Mario Bros. (Best 2D platformer)
2. Mario Party (I have lots of friends and parties so this is a must)
3. The Last of Us (Need me a good story/gameplay)
4. God of War (Best hack and slash)
5. Halo (A good campaign FPS)
6. Forza (Need me some fancy cars..and I didn't have an extra Sony slot for GT lol)
7. Final Fantasy (best JRPG franchise)
8. Street Fighter (best fighting games)
9. Dino Crisis (cause we need more f**king dinosaur games!)
10. Resident Evil (need some horror in my life)

Two franchises from Nintendo (3D Mario collecathon style, Legend of Zelda)
Two franchises from Sony (God of War, the last of us)
Two franchises from Microsoft (Gears, Forza)
Two franchises from third-parties (Persona, Final Fantasy)
Two flex franchises from whichever categories you want (Xenoblade, Dragon Quest)

A good mix of genres:

1) The Legend of Zelda

2) Super Mario

3) Uncharted

4) The Last of Us

5) Gears of War

6) Forza Horizon

7) The Witcher

8) Metal Gear Solid (after Kojima bought the rights from Konami)

9) Grand Theft Auto

10) new LucasArts adventures (I see them as one IP, since each game will have the same gameplay with different stories... the same story over and over again would be boring)

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Two franchises from Nintendo (3D Mario collecathon style, Legend of Zelda)
Two franchises from Sony (God of War, the last of us)
Two franchises from Microsoft (Gears, Forza)
Two franchises from third-parties (Persona, Final Fantasy)
Two flex franchises from whichever categories you want (Xenoblade, Dragon Quest)

True to your username

I like this thread, let's see:

1. Metroid Prime

2. Xenoblade

3. Last of us

4. Crash Bandicoot

5. Halo

6. Forza

7. Injustice

8. Persona

9. Legend of Zelda

10. Gravity Rush.

Mike321 said:
I like this thread, let's see:

1. Metroid Prime

2. Xenoblade

3. Last of us

4. Crash Bandicoot

5. Halo

6. Forza

7. Injustice

8. Persona

9. Legend of Zelda

10. Gravity Rush.

Nice list!

We all know why Injustice is there...

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Nice list!

We all know why Injustice is there...

Oh yeah

1) Zelda - Well you can't live without zelda can you?
2) Xenoblade - Well I can't live without zenoblade can I.
3) Ratchet - My favourite platformer, would be nice to have
4) Uncharted - All points to Naughty Dog from me
5) Forza - Haven't played the mainline games, but the horizon games are some great racing games.
6) Halo - Of cource
7) Civilization - Best franchise ever? Quite possible.
8) GTA - Not having GTA would be a rather big loss, I'm sure mr. Kimishima agrees
9) Mario - Duh
10) Fire Emblem - Hard to decide who should get the last spot, probably a bit biased since it's the last game I played before writing this.