By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So Microsoft just made a sh!t ton of money! Shares officially worth 500 billion dollars!

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:
That is a shit ton of money... and on a related note I'm yet to see that being used to make X1 dominate PS4.

Microsoft probably cares more about making money than winning forum warz.

And that is something we have been saying for like 3 years or more, thanks that more people are getting onboard.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

So overall xbox division is doing well and doing more than enough to justify staying in the market. Good job Microsoft. I just wish you didn't force Kinect at the begining because you would be doing way better if the console started out at 400 dollars.

SWORDF1SH said:
barneystinson69 said:

The numbers are also in revenue, and considering the XB1 was cheaper this quarter, it isn't surprising.

But doesn't it say revenue was down due to lower pricing and sales?

I don't think sales where mentioned (they've been very coy lately).

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

SWORDF1SH said:
barneystinson69 said:

The numbers are also in revenue, and considering the XB1 was cheaper this quarter, it isn't surprising.

I doubt it. They were UP year on year, not down. It's definitely pricing unless someone fucked up. 

AsGryffynn said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I doubt it. They were UP year on year, not down. It's definitely pricing unless someone fucked up. 

Well the price was cut $50, so thats around 17% off the price of the console. Its not surprising to see revenue down, even if the console was up YOY (which we don't know either).

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
AsGryffynn said:

Well the price was cut $50, so thats around 17% off the price of the console. Its not surprising to see revenue down, even if the console was up YOY (which we don't know either).

I'd understand it, though NPD says it was up (then again, NPD applies only to Murica. It might be up but down everywhere else)... 

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Microsoft probably cares more about making money than winning forum warz.

And that is something we have been saying for like 3 years or more, thanks that more people are getting onboard.

Oh I get it, that irrelevant remark is for the invisible people you argued with here 3+ years ago. Thanks.

AsGryffynn said:
SWORDF1SH said:

It will be a mix of pricing and reduction in sales from Xbox 360. The division doesn't break the numbers down (and never have) so it is difficult to be certain.

nanarchy said:
AsGryffynn said:

It will be a mix of pricing and reduction in sales from Xbox 360. The division doesn't break the numbers down (and never have) so it is difficult to be certain.

Bloody it makes sense now! I missed the fact they are no longer making the thing! 

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

Oh I get it, that irrelevant remark is for the invisible people you argued with here 3+ years ago. Thanks.

Yep, to the ghosts out there

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."