By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resident Evil 7 global stats (sales discussion)

specialk said:

I hope this game does really well. Capcom realized what was wrong with RE6 and they've done an excellent job with 7. I hope the market rewardes them or else it means fewer games like this.

Annecdotally, I blew past that "send us your play data!" thing super fast with a "no". Maybe others did as well. 

I did as well. The moment I saw that RE World bullshit or whatever I rolled my eyes and clicked "no".

Around the Network
phinch1 said:
zorg1000 said:

from what i have seen it is pretty similar to the original Resident Evil games just with a different perspective

zorg1000 said:

from what i have seen it is pretty similar to the original Resident Evil games just with a different perspective

It's really not.... Did you play resident evil 1-3? or code veronica? 

yes, i played REmake & Zero and bits of 2 & CV.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I think people are jumping the gun here.First of all, and most importantly, you are subestimating the number of gamers that play offline.I play offline most of the time(I move my PS4 if I want to download something.Its complicated lol).Other thing is, do we know if those numbers are from the total number of players that are playing online, or just the ones that are subscribed to the RE net?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

the game gives you the option to choose whether or not you are appart of resident evil net stats, a lot of people probably picked no, i almost did but picked yes. the total number of sales for this game so far, after two days, is probably a lot higher than what this is suggesting. especially when you think about at least 200-250k will be coming from just retail sales in japan alone

Sh1nn said:
Boutros said:
How is that even possible? Almost half of that should be coming from the PS4 in Japan alone. The rest of the world + XBO sales + Steam would be only like 300k??

RE7 doing bad on Steam with 30K sales after 2 days

https://steamspy.com/app/418370

It states 103k sales. Don't forget that SteamSpy says data of the first days after release are always pretty wrong and  that it needs some days to be kinda correct. But like I said in my other post, it would have profited a lot if it would be on Oculus and Vive but Sony paid them for VR exclusivity (I believe for 12 months)

Around the Network

It increased by 26k in 3 hours. I'm sure the game will be profitable.