By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can Mario Kart Wii sell more than GT5P on first week?

MKwii will definitely sell more in the first week and it will destroy GT5P in lifetime sales. Just look at how much the Europeans loved Mario and Sonic, and that wasn't even that good of a game. They will be all over MKwii

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Around the Network

I read joystiq a lot (don't post hardly at all) but enjoy your comments there lol

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
leo-j said:
First week is somewhat likely, though we havent seen NA sales for GT5 P, also according to previews the game may have gone from fun to somewhat mediocore, this is coming from gametrailers, and ign.

We will see what happens, so far its highest review is an 8.8, higher than GT5 P.
Mario Kart has several scores over 8.8.  For example, in America it has a 9 from Nintendo Power.  In Japan it has a 9.25.  I think it may have a 9 in EU. About the question, I don't know if MK will have higher 1st week sales than GT5 P.  It should win in Japan.  Overall, it will have much better sales, though. 

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Dodece said:

The North American market the strongest market for the series will have a severe conflict of interest. Those who own multiple consoles will have a very difficult choice to make miss out on the spectacle, or pick up what amounts to the same game they played before.

You really think GTAIV is going to be basically the same game as before?

I couldn't resist.  I enjoy your posts, but you left the door wide open. 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

world wide: yes
europe:yes
america:yes
japan:yes
canada: yes
kenya:yes

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

Around the Network

Mario Kart is probably doing a lot better than GT5:P. This is just the dem... Prologue we're talking about here, and the previous one didn't even hit 2M on the PS2. Double Dash on the frigging Gamecube sold three times as much as that.

Gran Turismo 5 vs Mario Kart will be much more interesting. The previous GT did substantially better than the previous MK, but they were on completely different consoles than their current incarnations, and we still don't know how much the two are improved from their predecessors. Could go either way.

arnt you that guy from joystiq.com who's a wii fanboy and says shit about ps3 and 360 constantly? sorry if i got you mistaken

No, Mario Kart games don't have huge openings but have much stronger legs.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

the game is on the Wii so yea it will be able to

Seems likely. Last generation, MK: Double Dash outsold GT4: Prologue by a ratio of more than 5:1.