By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What languages do you speak?

primary C++, JAVA, C and understand basics of some other languages like lisp, prolog, js, python, ruby. JK. I am a native Chinese speaker ,and I am fluent in English, understand some Japanese

Around the Network

Russian, English as well as C,C++,C#,Java, x86 Assembly, Intel 80C51 Assembly, ARM Cortex-M3 Assembly, 65816 Assembly (SNES CPU) and the basics of Python, Swift, ObjC

antigin said:
Russian, English, Latvian and a bit Lithuanian.

Have you migrated from Latvia or Lithuania? Because it doesn't seem that many Russians learn these languages on purpose.

arabic and english

cosmic_drift said:
bunchanumbers said:
English and Dakota. Well I'm nowhere near fluent anymore. I grew up speaking it but it was forgotten because no one else spoke it.

Interesting that you know how to speak an indigenous language; they're dying out quick though, sad to say.

Yeah during the Mission days they would take the kids and punish them if they spoke the indigenous tongue. Favorites were washing out the mouth with soap, beatings, and starving them until they finally proved willing to speak english. It was a direct attack on culture and it was pretty effective. We were pretty much beaten into submission after they took the children.

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:
antigin said:
Russian, English, Latvian and a bit Lithuanian.

Have you migrated from Latvia or Lithuania? Because it doesn't seem that many Russians learn these languages on purpose.

I'm a Moscow born, but I live in Latvia for a long time already. My mother is from Lithuania.

English, Spanish, and just curse words in Creole.

My mother came here from China and established a business with my father in the ghetto. Because this is her first major exposure to English, she speaks Asian-Ebonics.

My mother tongue is Italian, I studied French at school, but I'm forgetting it, as I studied it well at middle school, but badly, with horribly outdated, pedantic and useless textbooks at high school, and I use it only when I go on holidays in France. I studied English in language schools and on my own, I can read and write it decently, as it's the language I use most besides Italian, I can speak it almost decently too, but I understand it spoken with more difficulty, if the pronunciation is slurred, not clear.
I'm currently studying on my own Spanish too.
At high school I studied Latin and Ancient Greek too, but I've almost forgotten them.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

English, Japanese and Spanish. Learning some French now.