By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Favorite 1 off Zelda Items?

Favorite 1 off Zelda item?

Magic Cape 6 13.64%

Hover Boots 2 4.55%

Fierce Deity Mask 6 13.64%

Deku Leaf 1 2.27%

Minish Cap 7 15.91%

Ball and Chain 4 9.09%

Spinner 11 25.00%

Beetle 3 6.82%

Great Fairy Sword 0 0%

Other 4 9.09%

Total:44

I liked the Roc's Cape from Minish cap. I wish they'd make a similar item in 3D and Breath of the Wild would be an amazing game to do it with.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:
My vote also goes to the Spinner though, because when it was used it was pretty awesome. Especially during the Stallord bossfight, the use of the Spinner is a big reason why I think that's the best boss ever.

Stallord and "best boss ever" in the same phrase.

That hurt my soul.

You're telling me this isn't universal knowledge?!

mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:
My vote also goes to the Spinner though, because when it was used it was pretty awesome. Especially during the Stallord bossfight, the use of the Spinner is a big reason why I think that's the best boss ever.

That hurt my soul.

Who'd you choose?

Wright said:
mZuzek said:

That hurt my soul.

Who'd you choose?

Personally loved that fight!

While it wasn't the most difficult I found it to be insanely fun to fight with the spinner.

playing through twilight princess, just got the spinner.(spoiler) Awesome boss fight but very underused item considering how cool it is.

Around the Network
ninjapirate42 said:
Wright said:

Who'd you choose?

While it wasn't the most difficult I found it to be insanely fun to fight with the spinner.

Funny thing is when I played that fight for the very first time back on Gamecube, I thought I had to get those small soldiers that spawn instead. I couldn't figure out how to actually hit it. I ended up battling the thing for over an hour lol.

S.Peelman said:
ninjapirate42 said:

Funny thing is when I played that fight for the very first time back on Gamecube, I thought I had to get those small soldiers that spawn instead. I couldn't figure out how to actually hit it. I ended up battling the thing for over an hour lol.

An hour of awesomeness!

Fierce Deity all the way! Apart from how it was a nice item to curb-stomp absolutely anything, it added a lot to the series, I feel. It's kinda like being able to wield the power of the Triforce, only using a totally different item =p lots of good fan theories have come out of the item too, adding a lot to the lore discussions for the series. I have my own theories about the item and what it means, had many hours of discussions with friends on that one.

Ball and Chain. It's just so silly, but so destructive

mZuzek said:
Wright said:

Who'd you choose?

Most absolutely definitely certainly not anything from Twilight Princess. All of that game's bosses are pretty much interactive cutscenes (edit: except maybe Zant). They're as close to quicktime events as Zelda ever got.

I actually don't think there has ever been any Zelda game that really nailed the bosses, they're always a bit hit or miss. Personally, my favorite Zelda boss would be Koloktos, but in all of gaming, it's the final boss from Okami hands down.

Skyward Sword had some good dungeons and bosses, Koloktos certainly one of them.

And crap you remind me. I need to play Okami already. One of the big gaps in my gaming resumé, I'm pretty sure I'd love that game. Just need me to get a copy already...