By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 2017 = Game of the Generation E3?

So every year i get super hyped for E3 and shit. (the last few certainly didnt disappoint). but this E3 has a great chance to showcase what might become the GOTG. basically 3 contenders have a very high chance at being there, and these 3 contenders are developed by the very best Devs in the world. 

Basically these 3 games have an extremely high chance at being at E3. the TLoU, RDR and TW3 were all amazing games, and GOTG contenders easily. the fact that Cyberpunk, TLoU and RDR can all be at the same E3 is huge. and chances are that one of these games might just be the Game of This Generation. and E3 seems to be the host for all three of these games (hopefully!)

Around the Network

Defnitly gonna be some firr power this year. The games mentioned should all be great. Like said above GTA6 will probably take the title though, just like GTA5 did last gen. I mean The Last Of Us was my personal GOTG, but I can't look past over 50 million sales. People loved GTA5.

I am personally really looking forward to VR this year. I really hope Call of Duty, Destiny, Red Dead, and many more are announced to be supporting VR. It truly is a much superior experience, and the games mention would greatly benefit from the massive field of view and motion controls.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

mZuzek said:
No chance.

The game of the generation will have already been released by then.

well The Witcher 3 is already out. but these might be able to beat it. maybe.

This thread has a major bias for Western developers lol. Anyway, Retro Studios' game will most likely be at E3 as well.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Cyberpunk looks promising. I could care less for Red Dead 2, and TLOU but im sure they will be good games.

Around the Network

Game of the generation by who? your tastes? cause we have a lot of media outlets and a lot of forums with a lot of users and a lot of opinions. If we are talking about which one of those 3 games is going to be more impressive and which game is going to be impactful for the industry, I will have to say cyberpunk. Of course, we don't have gameplay footage of any of the games, so my opinion is based on the previous work of the developers.

Although Game of the generation is going to be Breath of The wild of course.

Pretty interesting that I'm not that much interested in any of 3. Still looking forward for this year's E3 because it's gonna be cool I think

Mar1217 said:
What ?! Did I heard Breath of the Wild ? :)

I swear, I have no bias.

Well, Super Mario Odyssey will probably be at E3 as well.

VGPolyglot said:
Mar1217 said:
What ?! Did I heard Breath of the Wild ? :)

I swear, I have no bias.

Well, Super Mario Odyssey will probably be at E3 as well.

when super mario galaxy won IGN's game of the generation the salt was... an ocean. Funnily enough, was against games like red dead and the last of us.

I bet it will, Knack 2 is really promising.

Jokes aside the quality will be high this year, while BotW will already have released Nintendo will have major titles in Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Retro's new game and perhaps a new Metroid; Sony will likely showcase GoW (definitely not coming this year), The Last of Us 2 (likely the same), probably FFVII remake and maybe some Horizon DLC; Microsoft will certainly be the most interesting since they will unveil the Scorpio (hopefully) alongside some surprise titles (likely new Halo/new IPs)