By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fewer Games is Never a Good Thing

Tagged games:

MTZehvor said:

All of that is fine for an optional app, but there's no reason why it should be entirely replacing just pulling up the chat on screen. And it will probably cross over into the realm of fiddling when you want to start chatting during a game with strangers. You'd likely have to wait until the game starts (or you get into a lobby), then stop looking at the TV to find the "chat" button on your phone, press that, and then turn your attention back to the TV. And if a particularly annoying person joins the chat and you want to mute them in game? You probably won't be able to do so without using your phone as well, which means looking down from the TV for a few seconds, finding the button on your phone, and hitting mute. This task can be accomplished by pressing a single button on PS4, XBO, and PC, and can easily be done in game without having to look away.

If the app were just an optional, different way to access chats, and could be used to set up games with people ahead of time, I'd likely be all for it. The point is making it the only way to access chat in game, and having to switch between looking at it and the TV during play sessions, is simply making a task more complicated than it needs to be. Of course, if there were ever a phrase that described Nintendo as of late, it would be "making things more complicated than they need to be."

I have to agree with your description, and that's really been their problem lately.

Even if you'd need the app to use chat, it still doesn't mean you could not control the chat and the app with your console while playing. 

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

If a 3rd party game didn't sell well on PS4/Xbox One, why would it sell any better as a late port on a Nintendo console?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

I tend to agree.

But repeated games mae me choose for other console.
I had a ps3.
By the time I was choosing between xbox one and ps4, I was first more interested on PS4. But I realised most games I wanted on ps4 I already have played on ps3(GTA, TLoU, uncharted, beyond 2 souls, tomb raider), and xbox one just annonced BC, and lots of games i havent played at all. So, getting Xbox one would expand my library much more than ps4.
So, having more games is always good. but not so good if they are repeated games .a new game appeal much more.
As long rebringing old games dont reduce significantly the protuction of new games, im on.

It'll be interesting to see what games Switch will get from handheld developers.

zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:

it didnt get those games because Vita didnt really sell that well from the start, If people were interested more more Vitas would habe been bought. MH moved to 3ds but that didnt exactly catapult it into big numbers, its still gonna end up selling less than DS, PSP, and GBA and 3ds got at least half those games you mentioned.

So how does that change anything? Obviously if specific games are what cause a system to sell well then the successor not getting those games will result in lesser sales.

As for 3DS not doing big numbers in Japan, its the 3rd best selling gaming device in history over there. And barely any of those game are on 3DS.

Literally everything you just said was either wrong or besides the point.

If its really the 3rd best selling device in Japan and still sold less than DS and GBA overall what does that tell you? Why stick to just Japan why no look at worldwide numbers? They show that the demand for these types of handheld dedicated devices have gone down. Their is no spin there the numbers prove it. Now what the reason is for the decline of these numbers is anyone's guess. 

Around the Network
oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:

So how does that change anything? Obviously if specific games are what cause a system to sell well then the successor not getting those games will result in lesser sales.

As for 3DS not doing big numbers in Japan, its the 3rd best selling gaming device in history over there. And barely any of those game are on 3DS.

Literally everything you just said was either wrong or besides the point.

If its really the 3rd best selling device in Japan and still sold less than DS and GBA overall what does that tell you? Why stick to just Japan why no look at worldwide numbers? They show that the demand for these types of handheld dedicated devices have gone down. Their is no spin there the numbers prove it. Now what the reason is for the decline of these numbers is anyone's guess. 

this is why i hate disucssing with you, you always get side tracked.

The reason i brought up Japan was because of this quote, "MH moved to 3ds but that didnt exactly catapult it into big numbers". Considering that Monster Hunter is primarily a Japanese title (over 80% of sales happen in this region) than clearly when talking about Monster Hunter sales impact its only logical to talk about Japan, where 3DS did do huge numbers and Monster Hunter was a big part of that.

That should have been pretty obvious.

Like I said im my last post, the things you are saying are either incorrect or irrelevant. The main thing we have been discussing is whether or not there is a market for console-like experiences on the go. PSP showed there was a market for it but neither of the current generation handheld devices have recieved strong support from these type of games so its impossible to draw any conclusions from their performances.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.