By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Aonuma says Zelda: Breath of the Wild doesn’t have an option for dual audio

Peh said:
Ffs, this is a fucking dealbreaker. How difficult is it to add a language option to the game? This is fucking 2017. So far, only Steam is allowing me, to change the language freely. Microsoft store can't do that shit and origin won't let me do it neither. 3DS and Wii u is also the same bullshit with changing the OS language. Get your shit together Nintendo!!!!!!!

Its up to the developer I think. In Uncharted games I remember that you can choose the spoken language without having to change system's.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Around the Network

Doesn't bother me, I liked both VA for once.

Mar1217 said:
It's sad but I definitely don't mind. Except that crying part, the rest I heard of the English Dub was good.

Yeah but nobody fucking cries like that other than anime characters in Japanese lol, when I heard it in the trailer, I fucking cringed cause it was so over the top. I feel like they should have picked a VA with a deeper voice, just a tiny bit deeper and it would have been better. The English one is pretty much how you'd normally cry or sob as an English speaker.

dahuman said:
Mar1217 said:
It's sad but I definitely don't mind. Except that crying part, the rest I heard of the English Dub was good.

Yeah but nobody fucking cries like that other than anime characters in Japanese lol, when I heard it in the trailer, I fucking cringed cause it was so over the top. I feel like they should have picked a VA with a deeper voice, just a tiny bit deeper and it would have been better. The English one is pretty much how you'd normally cry or sob as an English speaker.

Thank you. A lot of people fellate Japanese VO but much of the time I find it cliche, annoying, and extremely melodramatic (I know, different cultures and all). Zelda's crying here is such an example. Original VO gets the first look, but often I'll take underacted English VO rather than overacted Japanese.

OT: Single audio is fine when it's done to reduce file size. If they're all on the disc/cartridge anyway and locked away for no good reason, that's messed up.

Good. Japanese VA is one of the worst things ever

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
KLAMarine said:

If you haven't yet, go hack your WiiU.

Do you have a guide for that? Can it disable region lock?

Resources on the net should be able to help you do it ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/hacking-the-wiiu-a-simple-progress-guide.338900/ ) and I'm 99% sure hacking would allow for removing region lock.

That's too bad. :(

I hope the english VA will end up being good then. But from the trailer, it looked rather generic. Zelda's voice sounds so fake, for one.

RolStoppable said:
So I'll be stuck with German? Damn! This world is so cruel.

Now I am not sure if I even want to play the game anymore.

Or you could just set your console's region to the US or England and play it in English.  

Bandorr said:
I'm interested to see how this effects people.

Who is cancelling their order?
Who is switching to wii U?
Is anyone taking it that extra step and cancelling their switch?
Is anyone planning on ordering it from a different region, or setting up a new reason on their console?

I like the English VA but the option for different languages/subtitles needs to be patched in for those who want it.

StarOcean said:
Good. Japanese VA is one of the worst things ever

Less options is never à good thing.

And youre talking about Japanese when it concerns not only Japanese but also any other language for people who Want to play with the best dubs and not awful ones Because their country doesnt take game acting seriously enough

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m