By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you expect a lot of Wii remasters on Switch?

Do you expect a lot of Wii remasters on Switch?

Many! 11 40.74%

Just a few - but only 1st party 8 29.63%

Just a few - including some 3rd party 4 14.81%

Not really any at all 4 14.81%

Total:27

Do you expect a lot of Wii remasters on Switch?

Because I do. There's a lot of quality Wii games that have some great unique use of motion controls - or even basic use and they're just great games. Add some HD rumble features. Take the HD texture packs used when you ported stuff like House of Dead or No More Heroes to PS3 move(if it's available) - or do basic upping of polycounts, texture packs, and increase the resoultion and voila! Ship it for $30-$40. Easy money for a lot of 3rd party companies.

I made another thread about games I want on the Switch that inclu. But here are a few others in particular that come to mind

Zack and Wiki

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Fatal Frame/Project Zero

Dead Space: Extraction

Pandora's Tower

Resident Evil 4

Red Steel 2

The Last Story

Trauma Team

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

I really hope not.

Considering the joycons can work as better wiimotes, there's no reason why the Switch souldn't have a Wii VC. So no, I really don't think there will be a lot of remasters.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Considering the joycons can work as better wiimotes, there's no reason why the Switch souldn't have a Wii VC. So no, I really don't think there will be a lot of remasters.

Well can the right joycon really replicate the pointer?

Darwinianevolution said:

Yeah Wii VC is probably a lock now given the Joy-con have motion control

The only issue is that people generally buy games off VC that are already well-known. Many of these titles simply aren't.

Second issue is the difference in button layouts compared between Wii remote and Joy-con. It's not a neat 1:1 match.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Well can the right joycon really replicate the pointer?

They will probably find a way to do it. Why add all the troubles of keeping the motion controlls and stuff on the joycons if you're not even going to allow Wii VC?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I bet RE4 will be released for the millionth time for the Switch. Resident Evil 4Ever Edition.

No, and I hope not

but as Wii VC, then there could be a lot of games

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I hope to see Wii VC (and an overall price reduction on VC). But considering WiiU received some digital Wii games, I would expect the same for NS.

As for remasters (i.e. enhanced versions of the original) idk. I think at this point they would only offer them again, more like VC titles so that you could take it on the go.

Skyward Sword is the only missing 3D Zelda to be remastered. I could see that.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988