By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Launch Feels Like a "Soft Launch"

You can éven say empty launch you know, absolutely 0 exclusive except à game far behind à Wii Sport not éven included and sold for 50 euros.
Thats really thé weakest launch of Nintendo since ... Before thé N64.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Aerys said:
You can éven say empty launch you know, absolutely 0 exclusive except à game far behind à Wii Sport not éven included and sold for 50 euros.
Thats really thé weakest launch of Nintendo since ... Before thé N64.

The SNES and Gameboy had Mario as a launch title. So even before that.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

RolStoppable said:
If you use twisted logic, then yes, sure.

Less namecalling more debunking.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Peh said:
daredevil.shark said:

Aka beta testers.

Where is your thank you for beta testing. You will get a much better product in 1-2 years from now on.

In this case it's different as early adopters will be paying more for less.

daredevil.shark said:
Peh said:

Where is your thank you for beta testing. You will get a much better product in 1-2 years from now on.

When are early adopters not paying more for less?

Around the Network

So exactly how the 3DS was at launch then?
Seriously did anyone here buy one at launch? Do you remember how useless the firmware was until several updates later?

daredevil.shark said:
Peh said:

But the 3ds started at around 250 € and went a few month later down to 200€. I was one of the early adopters.

Well, I got 20 ambassador games, so.. I don't mind :)

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

RolStoppable said:
vivster said:

Less namecalling more debunking.

We have people in this thread who are trying to say that Zelda doesn't really count. There is no reason for debunking when it's blatantly obvious that people have lost their minds.

It doesn't count because it's not Mario. It's like launching a Playstation without a new Crash Bandicoot or launching an Xbox without a new Halo.

vivster said:
daredevil.shark said:

When are early adopters not paying more for less?

Yeah. Early adopters are always paying more for less. But this is more highlighted because of game lineup. No third party games and all remastered or complete edition game including cross gen ones makes the big question. Did Wii U owners and potential Switch users got ripped?

NATO said:
So exactly how the 3DS was at launch then?
Seriously did anyone here buy one at launch? Do you remember how useless the firmware was until several updates later?

The firmware of the WII U was even worth.

Big update at launch, took at least an hour. Very slow UI. It was garbage. But it got patched to a really good one. You could instantly start your games from the gamepad.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3