By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - YouTube changed its notificiations?? What now?

I'm fairly active on YouTube. I like YT because there's no censorship/moderation. No matter what you might think about such anarchistic platform, there are many meaningful discussions you can have in the comment fields between ordinary members.

But I think YouTube changed its method for notifications recentely and this has caused me a lot of trouble.

In the past I could check my notification list and directly reply to a post properly from there, and being able to quote the person's nickname properly at the beginning of a post so that it was easy for the respondent to see.

But in the last week the notification feed is behaving very strange. Now, whenever I get a notification about someone replying in a thread I have been active in, I only get the option to enter that thread (video), but if I want to reply to the post in question, my only option is the, what should we say, "anonymous" version, where I have to actively type in the name of the person I want to respond to and hope that he gets a notification in his feed.

In the past, YouTube did this automatically for me in the format : "+YouTube user", which was very convenient and structured.

All of a sudden discussion on Youtube is severely restricted in my opinion. I even noticed that posts now aren't properly sorted in a chronological manner like they always were.

I feel dishearteaned. Many active discussions I've been involved with for a long time just kind of died immediately.

Has anyone else experienced this?? Or is it just that my personal settings somehow have been changed without me noticing it?

Now what?

Around the Network

Swedish censorship, perhaps?

OT: No, I haven't really noticed anything. Then again, I rarely make youtube comments since it's so infested with dimwits and assholes, so I rarely get notifications on replies at any rate.

Mummelmann said:

OT: No, I haven't really noticed anything. Then again, I rarely make youtube comments since it's so infested with dimwits and assholes, so I rarely get notifications on replies at any rate.

Now that wouldn't surprise me! Did you hear about the proposed ban of New year rockets because foreigners in Malmö behaved bad?

Yeah.

Damn it, what could it be then. The notification feed changed for me drastically in the last week and is worthless now.

I need to know if it's just my personal settings or universal. Please reply people!

Slimebeast said:
Mummelmann said:

Now that wouldn't surprise me! Did you hear about the proposed ban of New year rockets because foreigners in Malmö behaved bad?

Yeah.

Damn it, what could it be then. The notification feed changed for me drastically in the last week and is worthless now.

I need to know if it's just my personal settings or universal. Please reply people!

Already banned in Norway years ago, welcome to the Soviet Union, comrade!

Yeah, it annoys me as well a little bit and I have the exact same problems you have. Freaking video starts again every time I want to replay to someone. I guess they want to let you see more ads with this?

Not sure why the chronological order is fucked up now a little bit and why replying just let you reply to the whole discussion and not to some specific person in that discussion though. 

Around the Network

Now what...what? You adapt to the changes made....why does that need to be explained to you?

Mummelmann said:
Slimebeast said:

Yeah.

Already banned in Norway years ago, welcome to the Soviet Union, comrade!

For real?!

"Norge är den sista Sovjetstaten".

But why did they ban???! Sounds like such a Swedish thing to do!

crissindahouse said:

Yeah, it annoys me as well a little bit and I have the exact same problems you have. Freaking video starts again every time I want to replay to someone. I guess they want to let you see more ads with this?

Not sure why the chronological order is fucked up now a little bit and why replying just let you reply to the whole discussion and not to some specific person in that discussion though. 

Yeah, exactly! Freaking video starts again, instead of you being able to reply directly from the feed. It's so annoying.

I hate that it became so hard to reply to a specific person. Kills many discussions from the very beginning.

Still kind of glad to hear that it wasn't an issue on my end because I wouldn't know how to fix it.

Ventura said:
Now what...what? You adapt to the changes made....why does that need to be explained to you?

Adapt? How? I'm an old man, over 40 years old. It's hard to adapt, and I don't have any idea how to do it in this case.

Help me man.

When i get the notification i go to Google main page and start the convo there since it's still the same as before,and yes this is stupid with what they did.