By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall 2 Designer: Switch Is So Underpowered Third Party Support Will Be No Different Than Wii U

Barkley said:
OTBWY said:

Assassin's Creed Odyssey is available on the Switch.

*In Japan, via the cloud.

Are suddenly a lot more Nintendo Fans ok with cloud gaming?

It's out on the Switch.

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Barkley said:

*In Japan, via the cloud.

Are suddenly a lot more Nintendo Fans ok with cloud gaming?

It's out on the Switch.

Irrelevant, a cloud release in a single region isn't worth noting. It's nothing compared to a native worldwide release, so no need to clutch at straws, be pedantic, or argue for the sake of it. His list is fine.

It's technically available on Switch somewhere. Some people habe more literal metrics than others. In that sense, OTB isn't wrong. @Barkley

Barkley said:
OTBWY said:

It's out on the Switch.

Irrelevant, a cloud release in a single region isn't worth noting. It's nothing compared to a native worldwide release, so no need to clutch at straws, be pedantic, or argue for the sake of it. His list is fine.

Can I play AC:O on the Switch if I wanted? Yes? There is the answer. It's really a non-issue, yet you still persist.

OTBWY said:
Barkley said:

Can I play AC:O on the Switch if I wanted? Yes? There is the answer. It's really a non-issue, yet you still persist.

Can you? Pretty sure it's only available in Japan? Right?

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
It's technically available on Switch somewhere. Some people habe more literal metrics than others. In that sense, OTB isn't wrong. @Barkley

It is playable on the switch in some form yes, but how much is that worth compared to an actual release. Maybe 1%?

Technically he's right, but in reality the point is as worthless as a cloud release is compared to a native release. AC Odyssey is still a game that Switch didn't get for the 99% of switch owners that won't use cloud gaming.

Barkley said:

It is playable on the switch in some form yes, but how much is that worth compared to an actual release. Maybe 1%?

Technically he's right, but in reality the point is as worthless as a cloud release is compared to a native release. AC Odyssey is still a game that Switch didn't get for the 99% of switch owners that won't use cloud gaming.

I definitely agree with your metric as a whole. It's just different ways of thinking about things. 

Barkley said:

I am fully right, but thanks for at least partially admitting. Regions don't matter. If I wanted, I would get it. Simple as that. If I wanted, I could play P.T on the PS4 even though it was not available anymore (I think it is now). The length of how far someone is willing to go to be able to play a difficult to get game is a complete non-issue, and only arguing for the sake of arguing because of some arbitrary list someone made in order to have a stick against the Switch. Good day, Barkley.

OTBWY said:
Barkley said:

I am fully right, but thanks for at least partially admitting. Regions don't matter. If I wanted, I would get it. Simple as that. If I wanted, I could play P.T on the PS4 even though it's not available anymore. The length of how far someone is willing to go to be able to play a difficult to get game is a complete non-issue, and only arguing for the sake of arguing because of some arbitrary list someone made in order to have a stick against the Switch. Good day, Barkley.

Yes it only being a cloud release is a "non-issue" so if Nintendo announced that Fire Emblem, Smash Bros and all their future games would only be available via the cloud that would also be a "non-issue" I assume?

Also you say you can play AC Odyssey because regions arent a factor? Well for cloud gaming they certainly are. Good luck playing a game in the cloud on servers in Japan.

"Arbitrary list someone made to have a stick at the switch" you're way too emotional over a perfectly logical and on topic list pointing it major third party titles that aren't released on the switch.

Barkley said:
OTBWY said:

I am fully right, but thanks for at least partially admitting. Regions don't matter. If I wanted, I would get it. Simple as that. If I wanted, I could play P.T on the PS4 even though it's not available anymore. The length of how far someone is willing to go to be able to play a difficult to get game is a complete non-issue, and only arguing for the sake of arguing because of some arbitrary list someone made in order to have a stick against the Switch. Good day, Barkley.

Yes it only being a cloud release is a "non-issue" so if Nintendo announced that Fire Emblem, Smash Bros and all their future games would only be available via the cloud that would also be a "non-issue" I assume?

Also you say you can play AC Odyssey because regions arent a factor? Well for cloud gaming they certainly are. Good luck playing a game in the cloud on servers in Japan.

"Arbitrary list someone made to have a stick at the switch" you're way too emotional over a perfectly logical and on topic list pointing it major third party titles that aren't released on the switch.

They would still be available on Switch for people to play.

Ok so, I could go to Japan and play it. Now what? Also, Japanese Switch owners can play it, don't they count? This is what I mean with it being a non-issue.

Lastly, you're the one who responded to me over a simple correction with a rather simple argument. I think it's clear here who is being emotional. As for the list, i'm not worried at all. It has the fortnites and rocket leagues. Those are the games that matter at the end of the day when it comes to long term sales for third parties. And I wouldn't even count some of the games on that list, but oh well, we shall see if they come later on. That has happened before. I hope Titanfall 2 does come eventually, I played it on PC and enjoyed every second of it.