By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More PS4 Pro support (Battleborn )

Battleborn update adds PS4 Pro support, new game modes

Gearbox issues patch notes for the Battleborn update, which includes new modes, higher level caps and the introduction of DLC number 3!

A major update for Gearbox Software’s first-person shooter, Battleborn, will be available to download on PlayStation 4 today.

Bringing with it PS4 Pro support, the team at Gearbox have called it the “craziest update we’ve ever done”.

The list of additions and improvements is huge!

First up, PS4 Pro support now means that the game has been optimized to run at 4K at 30 frames per second. There’s also additional options to run Battleborn at:

• 1080p at 30 frames per second
  • 1080p at up to 60 frames per second.

Other new content (via the Battleborn update patch notes) includes:

• Early access to the 30th Battleborn hero for Season Pass and Digital Deluxe players
  • Third story operation DLC – Oscar Mike vs The Battle School
  • Complete the prologue and you’ll immediately unlock all 25 characters
  • Two new tutorial modes called Incursion and Dojo
  • Addition of Draft training mode
  • New main quests and daily quests
  • Interface refresh to make navigation easier
  • Higher level caps up to 150 for Command Rank and 20 for each character

Watch the Battleborn launch trailer for the new DLC.

Battleborn DLC launch trailer - Oscar Mike vs The Battle School

The Battleborn update starts rolling out later today. If you want to find out what it's all about, check out the review.

http://www.psu.com/news/31995/battleborn-update-ps4-pro-new-game-modes

Around the Network

Is Battleborn a good game?

If a tree falls in a forest, does it make a sound?

If PS4 Pro support is added to Battleborn, does anyone really care?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

fleischr said:

costarica said:
Is Battleborn a good game?

It was on sale for $5 recently and a friend said it was definitely worth that.  

Anyway good to hear.  Hopefully some older titles get patched! 

Around the Network
fleischr said:

I used the same analogy for niche japanese games , but I got in trouble for that. Although, I still stand by it.

Snoopy said:
fleischr said:

I used the same analogy for niche japanese games , but I got in trouble for that. Although, I still stand by it.

That's because your vendetta against Japanese games is borderline xenophopic. Battleborn is just not a very good game.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

fleischr said:

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Normchacho said:
Snoopy said:

That's because your vendetta against Japanese games is borderline xenophopic. Battleborn is just not a very good game.

Or maybe if you looks at the sales of 95% of these niche japanese game, they sell really poorly. I don't mind Japanese games when they somewhat cater to western audience, but when they don't it usually turns me off and majority of the masses off as well going by sales. Also, never use the word xenophobic when someone dislikes video games from certain countries or when a game doesn't aim at your personal taste. That is just plain ignorant and not right at all. 

Snoopy said:
Normchacho said:

Or maybe if you looks at the sales of 95% of these niche japanese game sales, they sell like shit. I don't mind Japanese games when they somewhat cater to western audience, but when they don't it usually turns me off and majority of the masses off as well going by sales. Also, never use the word xenophobic when someone dislikes video games from certain countries. That is just plain ignorant and not right at all.

Okay, you brought up Japanese games in a thread that has nothing to do with them. Then, when it was pointed out that your obsession with hating on Japanese games might be a little too extreme...You jump in and start going off about Japanese games again.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=223482&page=1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=215157&page=1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=209882&page=1

You said you wanted to make an app so people could avoid buying Japanese games...Yeah, I'm going to stick with xenophobic.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.