By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Walmart stores still taking Nintendo Switch pre-orders.

Yep. Saw it today on Facebook so on the way home, I decided to stop by and see what's up. I was able to easily drop 10% down and pre-order 2 Nintendo Switches (they allow up to 3). They are only pre-ordering the gray model, but I hope to trade one in for the red/blue when I go down there on 3/3.

She did not know if they would limit the pre-orders to what they are going to receive, so I will go down early on 3/2 to ensure I get mine. Its basically using their layaway program as a pre-order tool, kinda funny. She said she did one last night as well, but she didn't know if others have also taken orders.

Well, my PSA is over. If you still want to pre-order, head on out to Walmart.

Around the Network

I've signed up for email alerts for when Gamestop, WalMart,Amazon and Best Buy get more pre orders in. Let's hope I actually see the alert, though

Wondering if I should get a second one for my kid...

NobleTeam360 said:
I've signed up for email alerts for when Gamestop, WalMart,Amazon and Best Buy get more pre orders in. Let's hope I actually see the alert, though

Why wait for an alert? Just go to walmart now if you know you want one.

Is it still available?

Not planning to get one at launch but like to know the status of preorders

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
superchunk said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Why wait for an alert? Just go to walmart now if you know you want one.

Too lazy! xD jk, guess I'll go to WalMart x_X

I'll go on saturday for that if anything.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Platina said:
Is it still available?

Not planning to get one at launch but like to know the status of preorders

yes - I dont think they are limiting this to just incoming store stock. At least the person I talked to had no clue either way.

d21lewis said:
Wondering if I should get a second one for my kid...

Get a second one for eBay.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Yesterday I reserved a Switch system at my Wal-Mart for $32.25 .I have until March 31 to pick it up 4 weeks after launch day March 3. I am guaranteed a Switch on launch day. I asked for the Switch with blue and Red controllers but was told there was only 1 UPC to scan and they did not know which version of system it was. I reserved anyway. I can always cancel reserve and get my $32.25 back.

If I can get a Switch at Target where I work for $275 after my 10% employee discount and 5% red card discount I will cancel Wal-Mart Switch. Target is not taking store Switch reservations and I missed target.com Switch pre-order that sold out 1st day Jan 13.

Switch is hot now. Classic Mini NES shortages made peoplepre-order/ reserve Switch.