By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Watch Dogs 2 now cracked from Denuvo - fastest game to get cracked

VGPolyglot said:
Hapuc12 said:

Which is illegal,and the real costumers lose in the end.

Not pirates,not Publisher but the real costumer.

How do the real customers lose in the end? I don't pirate, but I don't see how other people pirating has negatively affected me. 1 pirated game doesn't equal one lost sale, because many people probably just wouldn't get the game if they couldn't pirate it.

Ahh yeah it kinda does it does equal a lost sale.

i don't pirate but let's take me for example(i don't buy digital games but no matter),why would i pay 60$ for a game when i can wait for a couple of months and when the pirated version comes i download it beat the game and it's all good.

And when i buy the game i don't even own it and it's full of drm because of those pirates who don't buy the game.

Around the Network
Hapuc12 said:
VGPolyglot said:

How do the real customers lose in the end? I don't pirate, but I don't see how other people pirating has negatively affected me. 1 pirated game doesn't equal one lost sale, because many people probably just wouldn't get the game if they couldn't pirate it.

i don't pirate but let's take me for example(i don't buy digital games but no matter),why would i pay 60$ for a game when i can wait for a couple of months and when the pirated version comes i download it beat the game and it's all good.

And when i buy the game i don't even own it and it's full of drm because of those pirates who don't buy the game.

So, do you think the same of people that buy games used? "Why would I pay $60 for a game when I can wait for a couple of months and get the game used?". Also, it's not pirates' fault that you don't own the game, it's the publishers' fault since they're the ones who implemented the DRM.

How many cameras did he use to see the flashing yellow computer?

Hapuc12 said:
UnderstatedCornHole said:

One could subjectively argue that it's needed more than ever because games now even when distributed on physical medium and more so in digital only form come with DRM that needs to be activated to use.

So if the publisher goes under, then you are left with a game that can never be played ever again without being cracked.

Also of note to emphasise this is that many developers (virtually all for AAA games) are now owned by publishers, so the likelyhood of a a DRM free version being released gets more complicated.

Well those are the term of service that People have to agree but the copy of the game will always be with the developers.

And it would be only up to them if they want to release drm free version of the game.

I was simply rebutting your statement that it was acceptable in the 90s but not now with a subjective analysis of my own.

So what's with the previous post or am I miss interpreting your views as this post seems to contradict your stance.

VGPolyglot said:
Hapuc12 said:

So, do you think the same of people that buy games used? "Why would I pay $60 for a game when I can wait for a couple of months and get the game used?". Also, it's not pirates' fault that you don't own the game, it's the publishers' fault since they're the ones who implemented the DRM.

But those who buy the used games those games were bought at retail somewhere at least they were payed for pirates never even payed for it that's the difference.

Why is it there fault for protecting there IP,and if i was a publisher i would to implement a Drm tbh. Why would i let someone play the games that i invested money without paying for them.

Around the Network
Hapuc12 said:

Well those are the term of service that People have to agree but the copy of the game will always be with the developers.

And it would be only up to them if they want to release drm free version of the game.

I was simply rebutting your statement that it was acceptable in the 90s but not now with a subjective analysis of my own.

So what's with the previous post or am I miss interpreting your views as this post seems to contradict your stance.

Sure if you think it's now needed more then ever for piracy it's your opinion.

But i think it's not nedded anymore hell even the guy who started PirateBay said Piratebay and other sites need to die,

I'm just saying either the Publishers except that Piracy is here to stay or they keep up the game of cat and mouse with the Scene groups.

But in the end one will come out victorious.

Hapuc12 said:

But i think it's not nedded anymore hell even the guy who started PirateBay said Piratebay and other sites need to die,

I'm just saying either the Publishers except that Piracy is here to stay or they keep up the game of cat and mouse with the Scene groups.

No need to be rude. It's a discussion I was being polite and just pushing you to explain your view.

Clearly you lack the ability to discuss these things in an intellectual debate format without resorting to personal attack and pressumption, that's fine but a bit pointless to enter the discussion if you are going to do that.

VGPolyglot said:
Teeqoz said:

This reasoning is just superb. Personally, I don't care if people get murdered. It's been happening for as long as there has been people. It should already be accounted for in the population.

Flawless logic.

The developers themselves get basically no royalties from the game: it's jsut the shareholders and corporate higher-ups that do. I do not care if they miss out on a couple of dollars.

Also, have you ever heard of false equivalency? Do you really believe that video game piracy is as bad as murder?

No, I don't think pirating is as bad as murder, I used an exageration to illustrate how bad I think your argument was. The logic doesn't hold up with murder, and it doesn't hold up with pirating video games. You do know that your average joe can be a shareholder too? In fact over 50% of Americans (that can legally own stocks I presume) own stocks in various companies. A lot of game developers also have profit sharing programs that distribute part of the profits to the developers that worked on the title. Furthermore, piracy doesn't just affect AAA game studios. It affects indie devs just as much, if not more, because they can't afford difficult to crack DRM solutions like Denuvo.

Gotta say, from what I understand about the cracking scene in gaming, some people are very smart. Being able to provide a complete cracked game so quickly is technically impressive, at least to me. I'll stick to buying my games either way =p

Hapuc12 said:

No need to be rude. It's a discussion I was being polite and just pushing you to explain your view.

Clearly you lack the ability to discuss these things in an intellectual debate format without resorting to personal attack and pressumption, that's fine but a bit pointless to enter the discussion if you are going to do that.

I was being rude whaaa

If you think when i said (one will be victorious i meant Publishers or Pirates will win) i didn't mean anything towards you.

Friendly advice losen yourself up a little don't take everything literally.