By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Fifa Switch pull another PSVita trick?

OdinHades said:
I seriously don't know why they not just port Fifa 17. The game has such simple graphics, it runs on my laptop at full detail with 100+ fps. It's almost like they want the game to fail. Just like with Mass Effect 3 on Wii u, lulz.

It really just shows how little effort they are doing, im sure if the Switch was x86 based like PC and Xbox/Ps4 they would have ported it over, I also have a very old pc which runs fifa just fine, so it should have been possible, whatever we are getting now is going to be very scary to play I assume lol.

I actually originally expected them to do this, since the game isn't very hardware demanding, and a true fifa on the go seemed like a dream for my night-shifts so its a real bummer its not happening

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
Even if its just the ps3 360 version i hope nintendo fans support it or else EA will just abandon the switch if their game doesnt sell well

Well make sure to buy it then.

malistix1985 said:
Egelo said:
This will flop hard, and will kill any serious ea support.

Thats the worst part if they make a half-assed effort and use that to blame customers, like they did with the Wii-U.

Its not their fault they are working woth pathetic hardware.  

Nintendo should be helping all these devs transition to the switch.

Egelo said:
malistix1985 said:

Thats the worst part if they make a half-assed effort and use that to blame customers, like they did with the Wii-U.

Its not their fault they are working woth pathetic hardware.  

Nintendo should be helping all these devs transition to the switch.

I agree Nintendo has under delivered again, it saddens me, and its going to be hard in a x86 dominated ps4 console and PC industry

Twitter @CyberMalistix

I think it won´t sell well. But that´s quite curious.... EA kept launching FIFA for the 3ds even if it didn´t sell well.
Maybe they still did that for the European market. There may be some interest in Europe for portable FIFA games.

Around the Network
WolfpackN64 said:
maxleresistant said:

Not really no, for example the series changed its engine in 2015( or was it 2016?) and each year they are improving graphics, animations etc. Yes stuffs didn't change much

Oh well, I don't care much about FIFA so I don't know much about it. I would be more interested if Bioware under EA would bring some of their RPG's to the Switch.

I think that the third party western support ship for switch has sailed.

It's fucked.

maxleresistant said:
WolfpackN64 said:

Oh well, I don't care much about FIFA so I don't know much about it. I would be more interested if Bioware under EA would bring some of their RPG's to the Switch.

It's fucked.

We'll see. We have Skyrim, I consider that more important than the newest FIFA.

I might actually buy FIFA later whenever I get the Switch. I know I have an EA boycott but I broke it once during Wii U era to get NFS: Most Wanted U because that was the last game they put out before pulling all support. So perhaps this will be the first and last for EA on Switch.

You know how the old saying goes... If at first you don't succeed... then give up right away.

WolfpackN64 said:
maxleresistant said:

It's fucked.

An old PS360 game? 

To me Steep is the only important third party game because it's the only one that has been built for next gen console only. But just one game, released a year after the other versions? What chance does it have?

Do you really think third parties are even trying? Besides Square Enix, all the rest are just some pathetic attempts to make some cash. 

To think that the Switch was pushed back 6 months? I mean what the hell? It doesn't take a year to make a port for a game, how come there is so little? Nintendo at least started shopping around the console during E3 2016.

My only guess is that developpers are just not interested, because they think the Switch won't be a success, or because they know that the Switch is not replacing the 3DS. 

Activision is just porting skylanders, Warner bros is just porting Lego City. I mean WTF, Nintendo really lost everybody with the WiiU.

maxleresistant said:
WolfpackN64 said:

An old PS360 game? 

To me Steep is the only important third party game because it's the only that has been built for next gen console only. But just one game, released a year after the other versions? What chance does it have?

Do you really think third parties are trying? Besides Square Enix, all the rest are just some pathetic attempts to make some cash. 

To think that the Switch was pushed back 6 months? I mean what the hell? It doesn't take a year to make a port for a game, how come there is so little? Nintendo at least started to shopping around the console during E3 2016.

My only guess is that developpers are just not interested, because they think the Switch won't be a success, or because they know that the Switch is not replacing the 3DS. 

Activision is just porting skylanders, Warner bros is just porting Lego City. I mean WTF, Nintendo really lost everybody with the WiiU.

The Switch is replacing the 3DS eventually, I can't see it turning out any other way.

And It's the SE version of Skyrim, which is on the new engine, which meant Bethesda did manage to bother to port the newer version to ARM. I don't expect everyone and their dog to make games for the Switch. I don't really care what EA does, they have some valuable daughtercompanies but EA is still amongst the worst companies in the industry and I would buy a game from them if they payed me.