By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey development is considerably finished, various tidbits

All that sounds great and I like that you can enter buildings in that Desert level.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Mummelmann said:
Let's hope there's no delay. I'm surprisingly excited about this game, looks like proper 3D Mario done right, I never actually liked the Galaxy games nearly as much as Mario 64.

To be fair, Mario 64 did revolutionize the platforming genre. While Galaxy simply pushed level design.

Yeah, I know, but I had issues with the spherical design, it was annoying with the camera and the overall feeling that the levels seemed somehow smaller presented like that. The controls were also mediocre, wii-mote is not really well suited for traditional platforming, in my opinion anyway.

when its like 64 and sunshine i will be happy

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Mummelmann said:
Hynad said:

To be fair, Mario 64 did revolutionize the platforming genre. While Galaxy simply pushed level design.

Yeah, I know, but I had issues with the spherical design, it was annoying with the camera and the overall feeling that the levels seemed somehow smaller presented like that. The controls were also mediocre, wii-mote is not really well suited for traditional platforming, in my opinion anyway.

I recommend you playing it on Dolphin. It's a Wii emulator that lets you upscale games and play on either a wiimote/gamecube controller or anything else you desire. 

Seeing as the game could have been demoed, they should have done that then. I understand waiting for the closer release date, but it could have a good way to get people really excited for the system. Seems like a missed opportunity,

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread