By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Jimquisition on Nintendo Switch [Brace yourself]

Hynad said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

They're not opinions, educated guesses. Just like you do in science. Don't understand the hate. Do people really want to drive the narrative that the Pro is so overpriced just so that they can hate on Nintendo? What is the point in arguing this? It is almost entirely obvious. 

Of course. The reason why people like me are "driving the narrative that the Pro is overpriced" is so we can hate on Nintendo... 

-________-

Well you kind of just admitted that when my entire point was that Nintendo has only one item(the Pro controller) fairly priced and the rest aren't, but then you said "When you consider the charging pack for the Joy-Cons and the Switch stand prices, it doesn't take more to realize that Nintendo is being greedy with the Switch. " which shows a certain bias towards Nintendo Switch products because of how you percieve them based on Nintendo's other accessories. 

Around the Network
Hynad said:

Of course. The reason why people like me are "driving the narrative that the Pro is overpriced" is so we can hate on Nintendo... 

-________-

Well you kind of just admitted that when my entire point was that Nintendo has only one item(the Pro controller) fairly priced and the rest aren't, but then you said "When you consider the charging pack for the Joy-Cons and the Switch stand prices, it doesn't take more to realize that Nintendo is being greedy with the Switch. " which shows a certain bias towards Nintendo Switch products because of how you percieve them based on Nintendo's other accessories. 

What the hell...

You're calling me a hater because I think the prices for the Switch peripherals are too high?

You're the one calling other people fanboys/haters/biased left and right for not agreeing with you...

And you wonder why I think it was going to be an excercise in futility, and that it was better to agree to disagree? 

If I insulted you i'm sorry. The real reason I look "angry" is because A)I have to keep up with my name and B) You basically hinted at multiple times me being a fanboy. Let me ask you this, if defending the price of one accessory from nintendo should make it seem like i'm a fanboy, should hating on that pricing make you seem like a sony pony? 

The rest of the stuff you said is a bit uneducated. You can say all you want that my opinion is less valid because I don't have the controller. Do you want me to pay 370$ to prove you wrong? That seems a bit ridiculous. It's called an educated guess. The Gamepad had amazing gyro controls, and we know that Nintendo made the Pro controller around games like splatoon, at least partially. We also know Nintendo has a fantastic track record with durability. The features of the Dualschock 4 are less important because they are generally more "throw away features". For example, if the Pro had a speaker and it only worked for a couple of games, how many people do you think would care about it? Now, if the Pro had the best gyro ever, how many people would care about it? A lot!! It's a much more important feature to a CONTROLLER, which allows you to control the game, than a speaker which is of little use. If you like the DS4 gimmicks, i'm sorry. That is cool for you. But to me, the Pro controller offers things that, based on what we know and Nintendo's track record, are more likely to accomadate gameplay across multiple titles, rather than a speaker or a light. 

I think this point is a bit unfair. Again, the DS4 features are less important because they don't change the gameplay experience like gyro does, they don't extend life into a controller like battery life or durabillity does, etc. The reality is, if the Pro is a better controller, FROM WHAT WE KNOW and what we can guess based on Nintendo's track record, than it being priced better than Sony's controller only makese sense. 

"Without even knowing how much they actually cost to manufacture. "

With all do respect, that hardly matters. if The dualshock 4 costs 20$ to produce and Sony sells it for 48$, then the Pro controller probably takes 30$ to produce and they sell it for 70$. It doesn't matter how much more expensive it is to produce, because Nintendo is selling the products on the grounds of their competitions own evaluation of what there products sell for. A good example, if a pen is sold that can be used 50 million times without running out of ink, and it costs 10$ to make and is put on the market for 20$, then a pen that can be used 100 million times and is produced for 13$ is going to sell for 40$. It does not matter how much more expensive it is than the competition in regards to the actual cost to manufactur it, because of Nintendo only sold it at the price it costs to make, they wouldn't make a profit.  

"When you consider the charging pack for the Joy-Cons and the Switch stand prices, it doesn't take more to realize that Nintendo is being greedy with the Switch. "

yes, and I never denied that. Again, one product I find worth it, others I don't. 

With all due respect, and in front of such "education", let's agree to disagree.

Hynad said:

What the hell...

You're calling me a hater because I think the prices for the Switch peripherals are too high?

You're the one calling other people fanboys/haters/biased left and right for not agreeing with you...

And you wonder why I think it was going to be an excercise in futility, and that it was better to agree to disagree? 

Uh not a hater, I think you're just so biased because you're rightfully upset about the ridiculous pricing of other accessories, that you think that the Pro is automatically a rip off. I never said hater specifically, I wasn't addressing you with that comment. 

I mean...you kind of just admitted it. You couldn't give me one good reason this entire discussion why the Pro should be at 48$. Stop being so defensive and give a good reason, or just say "hey, you're right. The dock is ridiculous, I shouldn't have judged the Pro based off other accessories". 

Hynad said:

If I insulted you i'm sorry. The real reason I look "angry" is because A)I have to keep up with my name and B) You basically hinted at multiple times me being a fanboy. Let me ask you this, if defending the price of one accessory from nintendo should make it seem like i'm a fanboy, should hating on that pricing make you seem like a sony pony? 

The rest of the stuff you said is a bit uneducated. You can say all you want that my opinion is less valid because I don't have the controller. Do you want me to pay 370$ to prove you wrong? That seems a bit ridiculous. It's called an educated guess. The Gamepad had amazing gyro controls, and we know that Nintendo made the Pro controller around games like splatoon, at least partially. We also know Nintendo has a fantastic track record with durability. The features of the Dualschock 4 are less important because they are generally more "throw away features". For example, if the Pro had a speaker and it only worked for a couple of games, how many people do you think would care about it? Now, if the Pro had the best gyro ever, how many people would care about it? A lot!! It's a much more important feature to a CONTROLLER, which allows you to control the game, than a speaker which is of little use. If you like the DS4 gimmicks, i'm sorry. That is cool for you. But to me, the Pro controller offers things that, based on what we know and Nintendo's track record, are more likely to accomadate gameplay across multiple titles, rather than a speaker or a light. 

I think this point is a bit unfair. Again, the DS4 features are less important because they don't change the gameplay experience like gyro does, they don't extend life into a controller like battery life or durabillity does, etc. The reality is, if the Pro is a better controller, FROM WHAT WE KNOW and what we can guess based on Nintendo's track record, than it being priced better than Sony's controller only makese sense. 

"Without even knowing how much they actually cost to manufacture. "

With all do respect, that hardly matters. if The dualshock 4 costs 20$ to produce and Sony sells it for 48$, then the Pro controller probably takes 30$ to produce and they sell it for 70$. It doesn't matter how much more expensive it is to produce, because Nintendo is selling the products on the grounds of their competitions own evaluation of what there products sell for. A good example, if a pen is sold that can be used 50 million times without running out of ink, and it costs 10$ to make and is put on the market for 20$, then a pen that can be used 100 million times and is produced for 13$ is going to sell for 40$. It does not matter how much more expensive it is than the competition in regards to the actual cost to manufactur it, because of Nintendo only sold it at the price it costs to make, they wouldn't make a profit.  

"When you consider the charging pack for the Joy-Cons and the Switch stand prices, it doesn't take more to realize that Nintendo is being greedy with the Switch. "

yes, and I never denied that. Again, one product I find worth it, others I don't. 

With all due respect, and in front of such "education", let's agree to disagree.

If you had an argument that made me realize it was the huge rip off you seem to think it is(oh wait you can't judge it cause you don't have the controller XPPPPPPP XPPPP) then we would've been done ages ago. But sure, be a smart butt and peacefully "agree to disagree". 

Around the Network
Hynad said:

What the hell...

Uh not a hater, I think you're just so biased because you're rightfully upset about the ridiculous pricing of other accessories, that you think that the Pro is automatically a rip off. I never said hater specifically, I wasn't addressing you with that comment. 

I mean...you kind of just admitted it. You couldn't give me one good reason this entire discussion why the Pro should be at 48$. Stop being so defensive and give a good reason, or just say "hey, you're right. The dock is ridiculous, I shouldn't have judged the Pro based off other accessories". 

I could say the same thing about your arguments. None of them are good. They're all based on assumptions (that you call "educated guesses", while calling other people disagreeing with you eneducated. How rich.). I could say you're biased towards it for whatever reason. Because you're impressed by its tech or whatever. In the end, you're making a lot of assumptions and dismiss everything on the assumption (again) that people who don't see things your way are simply biased.

I don't understand, why should Nintendo die hards not watch the video? It's not like he doesn't shit on other companies lol.

BTW, I'm willing to bet that there will be a left D-pad joycon, just wait for that shit instead of getting a pro controller lol.

pokoko said:
KLAMarine said:

Okay, watched it. I agree for the most part. Nintendo's online service is limited compared to XBox's and PlayStation's. That said, I hope this is reason for them to price the subscription cheaper than the other two.

They better or I'm not subscribing.

That've got to make it cheaper.  I cannot believe that they would not.  Even Nintendo wouldn't overvalue themselves that much.  I'm just going to assume it's going to be cheaper.

I don't know.  Look at the price of the accessories.  Heck, the console itself.  I wouldn't be surprised if they at least try to get $50 a year.  Of course, I doubt that the experience will be up to par with the PSN and XBO.  I mean, voice chat is done through your phone and that won't even be ready at launch.  Considering the app that takes care of that and other features won't be ready at launch, either, it doesn't bode well.

I agree with him 100%
everything the Switch seemed to have going for it was killed at the presentation to focus on gimmicks

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~