By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo listens to fans. Free multiplayer, slashes controller prices.

Nintendo has listened to their true fans and decided to make 2-player gaming free of charge for their new home console. Unlike with Wii-U where a second controller can only be found refurbished for ~$100, Switch will come with an extra controller free.

Multiplayer gaming for more than 2 players will also be cheaper. Whilst competitors Sony and Microsoft continue to charge a high price for low tech SD-rumblepads, Nintendo slashes the price of controllers and increases their feature set instead. 

A typical 8-player game like Super Bomberman R will now only cost an extra $240(3x$80) on Switch compared with $420 for an extra 7xPS4 controllers ($60e).

Nintendo will also be unlocking local multiplayer on their handheld consoles for the first time without the need to buy multiple systems. This service will cost $0/month.

So that's Nintendo's latest local muliplayer, handheld system with 2 controllers and Nintendo's latest home console + 2 controllers for just $299.

Nintendo will be selling two accessory bundles, one with 2 joycons, grip, 2 wrist straps, extra dock, HDMI cable and AC adaptor for $199 or $299 with a second Switch included. Gamers can upgrade the 2 joycons to a d-pad controller for a small fee or exchange for cash via a website called EBay.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

Sauce?

Edit: Seems I was trolled.

This is you trying to spin the joycons as whole controllers. This is amusing but it doesn't justify the prices Nintendo has set.

Is posting fake news ban worthy?

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
I open the thread. I see no link. I wonder - is this a joke?

It is... He isn't referring to online multiplayer but the ability to detach the joycons and play with one other person. Its a clickbait title

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Can I also do the exchange on craigslist?

This is better than your thread that claimed Switch was as powerful as the Xbox One and PS4.

Well this is an interesting spin on the facts. Its the truth and misinformation simultaneously. But technically the Joy-Cons that come with the launch bundle are two controllers, when used in there multiplayer configuration. And local multiplayer is free.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

RolStoppable said:
That's actually a good thread from you for a change.

Where's yours?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!