By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, what is your problem with the Switch?

What are you ranting about?

The console price? 72 18.05%

the peripherals price? 61 15.29%

not being a truly home console? 23 5.76%

not being a truly handheld console? 3 0.75%

the battery life? 14 3.51%

the graphic department? 24 6.02%

nintendo not following the 2 others path? 6 1.50%

not enough games? 73 18.30%

all of the above? 96 24.06%

just because? 27 6.77%

Total:399

Yep its the price! Games are there....... Just the price.

Btw I read your title in a very bitchy voice XD

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Knitemare said:
Cobretti2 said:
Lack of future really. Nothing forward was show. Short term is ok but whats beyond the horizon.

Sincerely, never tought of this one. Its a very valid point that i havent read in anyother thread yet.

Even if you think hard, looks like the system will remain the same with no posible new features, reducing its lifespan. No equivalent of 4k, or blu ray play, or VR or HDR (at least not in the quality of its competition)

All good. The reason for me why it's that is because I guess I am lucky to have a good job so price etc don't really matter. Battery no biggy i don't have hours of time to play in one sitting anyway. graphics all that don't matter but it should be easy to port form other platforms so specs should be similar, hence the lack of future. 

Saying that i am one of those people that wish consoles cost close to 700-800. We know that every 5-7 years one will come out so people should be able to save for it and nto be shocked by the price when it is annouced, esepcially when the same people upgrade their iphones every 6-12months lol.  To me this is a far better deal then mid gen upgrades because they look at some of the technical issue PS4 pro has had with some games working well. We shouldn't be creating dual environments, unless it was designed form the start i.e. say a supplimantary unit, that way the dev kits can be designed aroudn two modes, similar to PC games I guess rather then retro patching something mid gen. 

Storage. 32GB is crap. Personally I find it annoying when people say SD cards are cheap. What nonsense.
I download a lot of games. For the cost of the console 128GB would be good. It would help.

A 500GB HDD for my console cost me around £40. That's cheap.
The equivalent 500GB storage on microSD cards depending on how you go about it costs from £150.

To get 500GB I would need 128Gb x 4@ £45 = £180 (64GB x 8 @ £20 = £160) for reasonably quality cards - not cheap Chinese manufacturered rubbish that destroys data, trust me I speak from a lot of experience with my cameras.

It would actually cost me more because I only buy high quality SD cards so I would be looking at around £200 for 500GB min.

MY SWITCH NOW COST £479 total to make it equivalent to my other console in storage.

I am not really whinging or moaning strongly, I understand it's a tablet and can't use HDD so it is a necessary inconvenience. But 32GB is too small for one who primarily buys digital.

Apart from that I am really liking the Switch and have decided not to cancel my preorder....oh and the poor launch lineup is bad base on current info.

Not enough games at launch.

My biggest issue is that it's a handheld. It's expensive, because it's a handheld. It's weak because it's a handheld.

All I want is an inexpensive little box that plays Nintendo games. Actually, picture this.

Nintendo announces it's new console. There's no gimmick, it's just a tasteful little box. It's compatible with, but does not include, Wii remotes so it can still get games like Just Dance. It just has a normal controller with a headphone jack. It's half as powerful as a PS4. Nintendo announces that all first party games will run at 1080p/60, and the system will cost $199.

That system is totally feasible and I would buy it day one.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Yep its the price! Games are there....... Just the price.

Btw I read your title in a very bitchy voice XD

Hahahaha, now that you mentioned, yeah, i imagine Queen Latifah voicing that title.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Top 3 problems for me:

1. Pricing: why would a consumer choose it over a PS4?

2. JoyCons: they doubled down on an old gimmick and drove up the cost of the hardware. And then $70 for a normal controller? It doesn't even come with a normal controller?

3. Games: there will be droughts

I'm highly optimistic and I have no complaints, yet. I just hope third parties get on board. I've used Remote Play on Vita and off screen play on WiiU. In portable mode, Switch games should look incredible. That's all I really need.

Home console mode should be good enough, too. I still play Xbox 360 level games and enjoy them.

justinian said:

Storage. 32GB is crap. Personally I find it annoying when people say SD cards are cheap. What nonsense.

32GB of Storage is fine. It's the quality of the storage that matters.

The Switch uses NAND storage that is likely significantly faster than your typical MicroSD card, the handhelds internal memory has to do more than stream data for a game remember, it has an OS and other background tasks pegging the same drive.

Plus... The console uses Carts and flash, not Optical and mechanical disks, thus there is less of a need to install your games from slower (optical) to faster (mechanical) media when the carts can have read speeds competitive with the internal NAND.
The crux is when you start downloading games digitally...
The Xbox One and Playstation 4 spend a significant amount of install size on high quality 7.1 lossless audio though, that is likely not going to be much of an issue on the Switch.

This is actually one aspect I don't have a problem with in the Switch though.
Would more be better? Shit yes. But they could have done allot worse as well, 32Gb is a fairly decent sweet spot all things considered.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pheriperals pricing. Was planning to get the switch at launch along with the pro controller, but that will set us back $100 CAD. For comparison, X1 and PS4 controllers are both $75 CAD. gonna wait for a price drop to make up for that, or a bundle that justifies spending $500 for this

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.