By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, what is your problem with the Switch?

What are you ranting about?

The console price? 72 18.05%

the peripherals price? 61 15.29%

not being a truly home console? 23 5.76%

not being a truly handheld console? 3 0.75%

the battery life? 14 3.51%

the graphic department? 24 6.02%

nintendo not following the 2 others path? 6 1.50%

not enough games? 73 18.30%

all of the above? 96 24.06%

just because? 27 6.77%

Total:399
zorg1000 said:

you are taking what i said out of context. its about having balanced hardware. You could put 16gb of RAM in the thing and it wouldnt matter because the CPU/GPU and other things would be a huge bottleneck.

8gb RAM would be overkill in relation to the other hardware components.

Your getting worst version of Zelda and Mario because Nintendo cheap out and decided to make more profit. Developers don't like making games on Nintendo consoles since the limitation are so high. 

Around the Network

So much. It has no games. All the games it has I don't want. All the games it has I want are on WiiU, a system I don't own. It's too big to fit in my pocket. It's too small to impress the ladies. 1-2-Switch looks like garbage. It should have been a pack-in game so I can play it. It's too weak. They should beef up the specs, battery life be damned. The battery life is too weak. The system comes with two controllers and I need to pay $80 to get two more. It should come with one controller and it should cost $180 to get three more. It doesn't have enough third-party games. I don't buy Nintendo systems for third-party games. It doesn't have enough first-party games. I don't like Zelda and Mario. I can't believe Mario Kart 8 launched without a decent battle mode. I can't believe Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has only a revamped battle mode. Nintendo's online service is just too weak, they should really throw some money at it. Can you believe they're charging for online now? The world in Super Mario Odyssey is too cluttered. The world in Breath of the Wild is so empty. The Switch is what the WiiU should have been. The Switch is just another WiiU.

yvanjean said:

1-2 switch look like a stupid gimmick game..... It should come bundle with the Switch especially at $299. 

1-2 Switch not being bundled is a good thing; this way hopefully it will be a massive flop and they'll realize we don't want such garbage.

yvanjean said:
zorg1000 said:

you are taking what i said out of context. its about having balanced hardware. You could put 16gb of RAM in the thing and it wouldnt matter because the CPU/GPU and other things would be a huge bottleneck.

8gb RAM would be overkill in relation to the other hardware components.

Your getting worst version of Zelda and Mario because Nintendo cheap out and decided to make more profit. Developers don't like making games on Nintendo consoles since the limitation are so high. 

You really think Breath of the Wild & Super Mario Odyssey would be vastly better if Switch had more RAM? ok buddy.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Console price is my reason as well. I already have a primary console. I get it that Nintendo doesn't want to compete for pixels with Sony or Microsoft. However, it is way too expensive as a secondary console.

Even if I was to consider it as a handheld, it would be an awesome handheld, but still too expensive.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

So much. It has no games. All the games it has I don't want. All the games it has I want are on WiiU, a system I don't own. It's too big to fit in my pocket. It's too small to impress the ladies. 1-2-Switch looks like garbage. It should have been a pack-in game so I can play it. It's too weak. They should beef up the specs, battery life be damned. The battery life is too weak. The system comes with two controllers and I need to pay $80 to get two more. It should come with one controller and it should cost $180 to get three more. It doesn't have enough third-party games. I don't buy Nintendo systems for third-party games. It doesn't have enough first-party games. I don't like Zelda and Mario. I can't believe Mario Kart 8 launched without a decent battle mode. I can't believe Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has only a revamped battle mode. Nintendo's online service is just too weak, they should really throw some money at it. Can you believe they're charging for online now? The world in Super Mario Odyssey is too cluttered. The world in Breath of the Wild is so empty. The Switch is what the WiiU should have been. The Switch is just another WiiU.

Lmao! so true

Goodnightmoon said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Lmao! so true

What's so true? People can't have anything negative to say about the console? And if they do, they can't have good reason for it?
Veknoid's comments implies that people aren't allowed to think anything negative about the console, that they don't have good reasons for thinking anything negative, or are hypcrites. His comment also lump all these comments in the same basket as if it all comes from the same person. But that's simply not the case. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about what they're looking for in a console. 

Hynad said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Lmao! so true

What's so true? People can't have anything negative to say about the console? And if they do, they can't have good reason for it?
Veknoid's comments implies that people aren't allowed to think anything negative about the console, that they don't have good reasons for thinking anything negative, or are hypcrites. His comment also lump all these comments in the same basket as if it all comes from the same person. But that's simply not the case. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about what they're looking for in a console. 

Is the huge contrast of oposite opinions this thing creates everywhere what I find funny, the opinions come from different people but in the same page you find so many opposite reasons for why this thing is supposed to be bad , they contradict a lot each other even if they all agree disliking it, but yes, of course everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Hmmm, everything ?

-price way too high for the NS, you can get a ps4 or xone with games for the same price.
-price way too high for accessory. 80$ for a real pad, yeah sure.
-Crap launch. 5 games, the best of all of them.. is a wiiu game.
- Poor 2017 planning. Like, really poor. Maybe we will get more at e3, but now, it's clearly not enough.
-Paid online. For nintendo . Just why ?
-What the hell is this voice chat ???
-Poor battery
-Probably lot of other things.

Goodnightmoon said:
Hynad said:

Is the huge contrast of oposite opinions this thing creates everywhere what I find funny, the opinions come from different people but in the same page you find so many opposite reasons for why this thing is supposed to be bad , they contradict a lot each other even if they all agree disliking it, but yes, everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Personally, I don't care if the console gets a lot of third party games or not. Because I already have a PS4 for that. That being said, the few third party support I expect it to get, I hope it's exclusive to the console and not lazy cash-ins/half-assed titles we've been getting since the first Wii console. 

The only things that bother me so far, are the pricing of everything outside of the console itself, how the Joy-Con charging grip should have been included with the console instead of the empty shell, and basically how they unashamedly and openly nickle and dime the damn thing before it's even out.

That being said, I really like the concept. I love the look of the console, its form factor. I don't care that it's underpowered compared to the competition because I love Nintendo games. I think the console will be a joy to use, and I can't wait to get mine.