By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Your personal view on DLC

Dodece said:

Questions.

1. Which do you consider yourself on the issue progressive or well lets just say conservative?

An open-minded conservative: I do not like to purchase something I feel should have been included in the retail version.

2. Have you purchased DLC during the past year, and if so how many items and how much was spent?

I have purchased that 2 map packs for Resistance. I feel a little disappointed with the purchase, not because of the maps (they are gorgeous and huge) but because so few people bought them that I have only played them one day. 8.99$ X2 so 18$ I believe

I have purchased 10 games off the PSN. I'd say that amounts to about 60$

3. What is your spending threshold. How much for you is too much?

I refuse to spend more than 10$ at a time to expand a game I already own. Perhaps refuse will be too strong a word if some content knocks my socks off. I would pay up to 25$ for a great PSN game. Maybe more for an extraordinary one.

4. Do you calculate value before purchase upto including in depth research, or is it more a whim of the moment?

A little from column A, a little from column B. Quirky PSN games are usually bought fairly quickly.

5. Which have you purchased more of games, expansions, or miscelaneous?

Games

6. Answer honestly do you feel most available DLC content is garbage?

Most that is released, yes they are mearly a quick cash-in.

7. Answer honestly do you have the means to purchase DLC both technical and financial?

Yes.

8. For you what is the most important aspect of DLC in your consideration that persuades or would persuade you to make a purchase.

I has to be content that sets itself apart from what came on the disk and it has to bring enough hours of entertainment to bring new life into the game. 

Why is this in microsoft discussion?