By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why did Nintendo insist on getting the console out so fast?

Weird, I think they are late, PS4 and Xbone launched years ago.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
palou said:

I mean, let's say, launch mid summer. The presentation heavily focused on hardware, 2 weeks before E3, to make sure that people know more is coming. An excellent E3 shortly before launch, with Spla2n, MK8D, Zelda, Arms, and a substantial list of third parties for launch. I just don't see the purpose of getting in early with uncertain reception when so much more could be done just a few months later.

According to leakers and Nintendo, they were actually ahead of schedule.

It's very simple, and very Nintendo. Now is a blue ocean time of year.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Because they want it out before the end of their next financial year to make their reports look better.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I think it's launching at the best date that isn't near the holidays. They have almost exactly 1 high quality exclusive (except Arms? I dont think it'll do that good) releasing each month until E3, where we will see dozens of more games for the rest of the year and beyond.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Slarvax said:

I think it's launching at the best date that isn't near the holidays. They have almost exactly 1 high quality exclusive (except Arms? I dont think it'll do that good) releasing each month until E3, where we will see dozens of more games for the rest of the year and beyond.

WHAT?!?!?!?

I think ARMS looks like a lot of fun.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Thing is, nobody buys games in the Summer.

That's not when you release a console. It's either Spring or Holidays. Nintendo didn't want to wait. Especially if the big Z is ready in March.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

if you ask me they should have launched last year....... can't see what about the tech it has that made them wait till this year.... figured they waited so at least zelda is ready.

Don't forget news of the switch had been making the rounds since 2013/2014......

I kinda wonder if it wouldn't have been a better idea to launch in August/September like the SNES/N64 did, but I'll take the Switch in March. It doesn't seem like developers are ready to launch in March at all though, not a lot of content ready and Nintendo's lineup is solid mainly because of two Wii U ports.

Because consoles cost a ton of money to make, and they had to go into production sometime this year.

If they started producing it this year and lets say built 1 million of them in anticipation of a summer launch, not to mention accessories and such, then that's about 200-300 million dollars in losses on their full year fiscal results.

If they produce most of what they sell this year, then they recover what they spent plus a little more. It would allow them to at least come close to breaking even, if not make a profit.