By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - To clear up misunderstandings about my Switch posts. My last Switch post for awhile.

niceguygameplayer said:
mutantsushi said:
1st, the people who can't take critical analysis and take it as personal attack on their likes are just as big part of problem.
2nd, i think main issue with ban was the thread spam, when you realistically could have posted the same info in either
A) your own existing threads whose topics were not SO far apart B) other people's threads on more closely tied (sub)topics.
Really I think that was the big problem (with you). And it really does detract from forum.
I mean, when Switch threads are 90% of active threads, it takes away from other valid topics.
If people are going to participate in Switch discussion, what value is there in having so many of them?
They will share the same info and perspective in one thread or fifty. So just don't spam the forums.
And don't un-necessarily repeat yourself. If people disagree, they disagree,
you don't need "the last word" if you aren't actually adding anything to the discussion.

I personally like to read about the same topics from different perspectives. I don't think it hurts the site, but VGchartz seems to agree with you. So I will be more careful and hope that they will be more fair, as I feel that they go overboard with the moderation. I've never seen a site this strict. I really like this site otherwise. 

You really like this site because it's more strict, that's the point lol.

Around the Network

Yeah, but the point is it is not about the different perspectives.
You don't need to start a new thread to share a different perspective.
You can post the same info in another thread relevant to the topic.
The point of a thread is not to be filled with the same perspective,
but for many perspectives to engage in the same thread covering a topic.
Other people are posting in yours and others' threads without needing their own thread right?
What might seem convenient to you at first glance does have repurcussions.

It literally has an effect on other threads, threads which were very active
are now dead while we have a kazillion superfluous Switch threads.
Because the Switch threads fill up the "recent thread activity" sidebars.

I'm just wondering why someone who last bought a Nintendo system 13 years ago has any "Constructive criticism" for the company when it's obvious you don't plan on buying any of their products anytime soon. Maybe next time you should fully emphasize that what your posting is your opinion and make it it open-ended, and maybe there won't be as much backlash.

Dont stop brother! You got sooo much replies and clicks on that thread! Im sure VGCHARTZ love that XD

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Could have fooled me

But yes, BotW simultaneous launch with Switch and Wii U is definitely nice

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]