By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - To clear up misunderstandings about my Switch posts. My last Switch post for awhile.

SonytendoAmiibo said:
niceguygameplayer said:

I was banned for a few days! I'm partially writing this to show them as well, so that they will know I'm not being a hater and Trolling.

Oh, I did not know you were banned. Is this your first ban, or are you habitually banned?

My first.

Around the Network
niceguygameplayer said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

Oh, I did not know you were banned. Is this your first ban, or are you habitually banned?

My first.

You getting worked up over one ban? Must be new lol XD Don't worry, it takes a lot to get perma banned here haha. I mean shit, I stopped counting awhile ago, but then again, I haven't been banned in awhile.

niceguygameplayer said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

My first.

And just out of curiosity, did you learn anything from being banned?

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

I mean shit, I still have like 10 warning messages I've never even read over the years lol, I just stopped reading those haha. I'm sure there was a ban in there somewhere, maybe.

dahuman said:

I mean shit, I still have like 10 warning messages I've never even read over the years lol, I just stopped reading those haha. I'm sure there was a ban in there somewhere, maybe.

You must be a bad kitty. Lol.

Around the Network
SonytendoAmiibo said:
niceguygameplayer said:

My first.

And just out of curiosity, did you learn anything from being banned?

Yes, that Vgchartz likes to ban over small things IMO. So I must be careful. On other sites I see far far worse.

1st, the people who can't take critical analysis and take it as personal attack on their likes are just as big part of problem.
2nd, i think main issue with ban was the thread spam, when you realistically could have posted the same info in either
A) your own existing threads whose topics were not SO far apart B) other people's threads on more closely tied (sub)topics.
Really I think that was the big problem (with you). And it really does detract from forum.
I mean, when Switch threads are 90% of active threads, it takes away from other valid topics.
If people are going to participate in Switch discussion, what value is there in having so many of them?
They will share the same info and perspective in one thread or fifty. So just don't spam the forums.
And don't un-necessarily repeat yourself. If people disagree, they disagree,
you don't need "the last word" if you aren't actually adding anything to the discussion.

niceguygameplayer said:
dahuman said:

You must be a bad kitty. Lol.

well, some were BS IMO, and some I deserved and saw coming from trolling. Either way, don't feel bad, it's the fucking internet, most people are not your friends, but discussions are always fun.

Bandorr said:
Paatar said:

It just irritates me... the gamers. At first, people say "We do not need all the games at launch, they need to be evenly spread out. Why does Nintendo not do this?"

Then with the Switch, the spread out pretty much everything. We have one huge game for launch, some minor ones until Splatoon 2, another huge game, then we have more minor games and then a huge game for the holidays.

If we got all these games at launch people would be complaining about not having enough money to get all of them and that Nintendo needs to space them out.

The entire gaming industry is just so hypocritical and I despise it.

I've never seen anyone ever say they rather the games be spread out.  Well aside from releasing ROTR exactly the same day as Fallout 4.

I much rather they all launch together. Sure I can only play one, but the others will be cheaper by the time I get to them.

I'm kinda in between. A moderately spread out list is good. Nintendo seems to spread it a bit too thin though. Your idea is good for the wallet though! Lol.

mutantsushi said:
1st, the people who can't take critical analysis and take it as personal attack on their likes are just as big part of problem.
2nd, i think main issue with ban was the thread spam, when you realistically could have posted the same info in either
A) your own existing threads whose topics were not SO far apart B) other people's threads on more closely tied (sub)topics.
Really I think that was the big problem (with you). And it really does detract from forum.
I mean, when Switch threads are 90% of active threads, it takes away from other valid topics.
If people are going to participate in Switch discussion, what value is there in having so many of them?
They will share the same info and perspective in one thread or fifty. So just don't spam the forums.
And don't un-necessarily repeat yourself. If people disagree, they disagree,
you don't need "the last word" if you aren't actually adding anything to the discussion.

I personally like to read about the same topics from different perspectives. I don't think it hurts the site, but VGchartz seems to agree with you. So I will be more careful and hope that they will be more fair, as I feel that they go overboard with the moderation. I've never seen a site this strict. I really like this site otherwise.