By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Switch's Launch Day Lineup Worst Ever?

Is Switch's Launch Day Lineup Worst Ever?

Yes 71 35.86%

No 75 37.88%

MEH 52 26.26%

Total:198

I should start by saying I'm actually still excited as hell for this console... The thing is, Nintendo essentially just confirmed the launch lineup with this image:

Soooo when you remove ports there are two new launch titles, they being Bomberman R and a glorified tech demo akin to Wii Sports in 1-2 Switch.

Now, I've heard people say that the N64 had one of the weaker launch lineups ever, but I remember getting Mario 64, Wave Racer 64, and Shadows of the Empire and they were all life-consuming and absolutely awesome haha

I have to say, though, that while I think this lineup trumps the Wii U's due to the awesomeness that is Zelda BotW, if one only counts console exclusives I do believe this is the worst launch day lineup I've ever come across.

Can anyone think of a worse one? Seriously, wtf has Nintendo been up to all this time?

Around the Network

yeah, cause mario bros wii u and nintendoland are way better than zelda, mario, splatoon 2, xenoblade 2, mario kart deluxe and all the other stuff.

/s

The Switch will probably focus on Nintendo's IPs, so having a Zelda at launch actually beats WiiU launch. Also, Zelda, MK, Splatoon sequel, Xenoblade and Mario is a pretty good year for Nintendo's exclusives imho. Quantity-wise it might be a weak launch. Quality-wise will depend on Zelda.

This is considered a good lineup?

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

onionberry said:
yeah, cause mario bros wii u and nintendoland are way better than zelda, mario, splatoon 2, xenoblade 2, mario kart deluxe and all the other stuff.

/s

I love all of those, I'm just speaking of the Launch Day games.

Around the Network

Yep. Not sure what reason there is to look at Switch at launch when Zelda will be on Wii U.

My 8th gen collection

Volterra_90 said:
The Switch will probably focus on Nintendo's IPs, so having a Zelda at launch actually beats WiiU launch. Also, Zelda, MK, Splatoon sequel, Xenoblade and Mario is a pretty good year for Nintendo's exclusives imho. Quantity-wise it might be a weak launch. Quality-wise will depend on Zelda.

I agree that this year will definitely be superior to the Wii U's first year and I'm quite excited for it, I was just asking about the Launch Day titles and considering that most are available on other platforms.

Johnw1104 said:
onionberry said:

/s

I love all of those, I'm just speaking of the Launch Day games.

oh ok, well it's all about preference, for me it's the best launch day lineup. And the content of this year is pretty good considering that we are getting all those games and there are unnanounced games. Imho best Nintendo launch window since the snes.

DS's was worse.

JWeinCom said:
DS's was worse.

and 3ds