By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo TreeHouse is Live showing Switch Games. *Has Been Heroes being shown*

Not a strong note to end on xD

But I can see this game being pulled out at many parties where alcohol is liberally distributed :P

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
KLAMarine said:

Is MK8 720p? Playing it on my big screen and it looks fine. Apparently I'm not resolution-sensitive.

Yep, 720p 60fps.  It doesn't look bad at all at that res, but 1080p 60fps will clean up the overall image and having it stay 60fps in 3 or 4 player splitscreen is nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip-26T545JE 

"Mario Kart 8 continually drops down to 59fps. This may not seem like a big deal - most will probably not notice it at all, and it has zero affect on playability - but it has a noticeable impact on image fluidity that mars what would otherwise be a perfectly consistent frame-rate. And for us at least, once it is seen, it can't really be unseen."

Hopefully that 59fps issue will be solved on the switch.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Peh said:

"Mario Kart 8 continually drops down to 59fps. This may not seem like a big deal - most will probably not notice it at all, and it has zero affect on playability - but it has a noticeable impact on image fluidity that mars what would otherwise be a perfectly consistent frame-rate. And for us at least, once it is seen, it can't really be unseen."

OMG yes I remember this bullshit! I didn't know wether to lol or to smh when I read this. Never has bullshit gaming journalism been more bullshittier. Lamest excuse ever to deduct some points on an excellent game, really.

Weak tree house waste of time. Good thing I had nothing better to do

GoOnKid said:
Peh said:

OMG yes I remember this bullshit! I didn't know wether to lol or to smh when I read this. Never has bullshit gaming journalism been more bullshittier. Lamest excuse ever to deduct some points on an excellent game, really.

What are you talking about? This is a real issue. I notice that one myself when playing. You will notice it when you make a 90 degree turn and look at the backround. You will see a skip in motion. And that happens nearly every second.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
Peh said:
GoOnKid said:

What are you talking about? This is a real issue. I notice that one myself when playing. You will notice it when you make a 90 degree turn and look at the backround. You will see a skip in motion. And that happens nearly every second.

But in MK8 if you have enough time to look at the background, you're doing it wrong.

GoOnKid said:
Peh said:

But in MK8 if you have enough time to look at the background, you're doing it wrong.

What else should I do when I am at first place?

Peh said:
GoOnKid said:

Finish driving the race? You could also drive into a banana, for challenge. If that's your thing.

GoOnKid said:
Peh said:

Finish driving the race? You could also drive into a banana, for challenge. If that's your thing.

The only banana is right behind my kart.

Can anyone make like a resume of what happened? I couldnt watch it. theres supposed to be another one tomorrow right?