By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch will be 329-349€ in Europe? huge fail by Nintendo

KylieDog said:
Dead on arrival at those prices in UK and Europe.

Well, sales so far speak a different language.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Turkish said:
It's sad Nintendo and MS don't take Europe as seriously, why the €30 premium, why always let retailers decide the price? Why the "Tier 1 countries" BS?

It's VAT, the price is £280 in UK and €329 in EU which is a straight up conversion with the tax included.

PS4s $399 directly translated to 399 euro.

Turkish said:
Wyrdness said:

It's VAT, the price is £280 in UK and €329 in EU which is a straight up conversion with the tax included.

PS4s $399 directly translated to 399 euro.

Weaker $ back then so 399 euros equaled the price plus VAT.

KylieDog said:
Peh said:

Well, sales so far speak a different language.

Current sales are ZERO.

It's sold out on amazon germany. So some has to buy them. Until we got official numbers, you cannot say it's dead on arrival with ZERO sales.  

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

I've just decided I won't buy it. I'm not in a mood to pay that much for a console which clearly doesn't cost that much. I can live without Zelda. And that's after knowing the internal storage is about 32 GB. Are they serious?

Around the Network
Peh said:
KylieDog said:

Current sales are ZERO.

It's sold out on amazon germany. So some has to buy them. Until we got official numbers, you cannot say it's dead on arrival with ZERO sales.  

It sold out on 50 stock.

>.> sold out means nothing 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Pro controller will be 70€ instead 50€

Volterra_90 said:
I've just decided I won't buy it. I'm not in a mood to pay that much for a console which clearly doesn't cost that much. I can live without Zelda. And that's after knowing the internal storage is about 32 GB. Are they serious?

Isnt Zelda coming for Wii U?

Peh said:
Ruler said:

we dont really know unless Nintendo confirms it, that was really strange to not give at least a Euro price

Depends on taxes and retailer.

The US price is always shown without taxes. That's not possible for Europe. Germany for example shows always the prices incl. taxes.

So.. 300$ without taxed and 329,99€ with taxes.

Of course its possible but it wouldn't make sense. Every US state has its own tax rate therefore it's easier to just show the net price. Since that's not the case with a European country (and countries elsewhere as well) you show the gross price, which is obviously more consumer friendly, as you know exactly how much to pay.

Ruler said:
Volterra_90 said:

Isnt Zelda coming for Wii U?

I made the mistake of selling the WiiU thinking this will cost about 250. But Nintendo never ceases to amaze me in a wrong way.