By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Battery Life Ranges From 2.5-6 Hours (3 Hours For Zelda)

Good luck on those long plane flights

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
I think there wasn't really much of a way for them to get a much better battery life. 

Here's an easy way for better battery life: Use a modern 14nm chip like every current launching tablet does.
It offers simple ~30% performance:watt gain.  Meaning they could get better performance at same power.
Or they could get much lower battery drain for the same performance.  Or something in between.
The thing is fucking shit, they charge a fortune for freaking battery charger/HDMI/USB pass-thru "dock".

At least they are consistent.

FunFan said:

You get your usb c charger and connect it to one usb port on your sit.... easy don't you think?

34 years playing games.

Teriol said:
FunFan said:

You get your usb c charger and connect it to one usb port on your sit.... easy don't you think?

Not all planes have it. I was already disscussed.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Only 3hours with zelda..... Thats probably going to be the "norm".
6hours will probably be for smaller indie games that arnt so demanding.

Around the Network
FunFan said:

Most modern planes have a USB charging port for each seat, so it'll be OK if you get a USB Type-C cable I think. 

FunFan said:

USB chargeing cable :) plug it in while your flying.

Soundwave said:
FunFan said:

Most modern planes have a USB charging port for each seat, so it'll be OK if you get a USB Type-C cable I think. 

What if the switch eats all the planes fuel? And then crashes? Can't charge your Switch then.

Teriol said:
FunFan said:

Not on Cebu Pacific. I just hope my family flies PAL the next time they drag me off somewhere.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Am I reading that right? The AC Adaptor for the system acts like a battery pak for the system if you take it portably?