By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Battery Life Ranges From 2.5-6 Hours (3 Hours For Zelda)

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I guess 2.5 hours is for really demanding games like Mario Odyessy and 6 hours is more for things like Virtual Console. 

I'm gonna be being an external battery for the USB Type-C port for sure. 

Around the Network

Really awful

I'm assuming 2.5 with joycons detached and wifi on but with wireless off probably would only be about 3-4 hours anyways :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

That minimum is what has me worry. People were suggesting 3-5 hours and 2.5 is even below that.

That 2.5 is a lower minimum according to Nintendo than the wiiU's gamepad.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1296/~/how-long-will-the-wii-u-gamepad-remain-charged%3F

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

it is what it is.

A 4 hour average seems about right. I'll probably buy a portable battery just in case though.

Around the Network

They're saying 3 hours (or about 3 hours) for Zelda: BoTW on Switch from a full charge ... 2.5 hours must be a game that pushes the system to its max undocked. 

2.5 is probably with online multiplayer/wifi with everything at max.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Nintendo says 3 hours playing Zelda, I would hope that is max brightness at least. Wonder its wifi on or off though. It is kinda meh but I mostly play at home anyway so no biggie for me.

I hope this means if you reduce brightness, turn off HD rumble (and maybe other things) you can get 6-ish hrs even out of games like Zelda. Otherwise... portability is limited.

I think there wasn't really much of a way for them to get a much better battery life. Their answer to the battery life is getting a portable battery, which isn't so bad. It's an extra expense, but I think providing a decent battery life to the Switch would have been very difficult if they wanted to keep the price where it is.