By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2=Epic Win?

Only 12 people online is a bit low for a shooter game

Around the Network

One Word............LAG!

Rock_on_2008 said:

Yes for a massive big area shooter but Gears is about strategic close combat... having a huge map with dozens of players would ruin that... quantity does not equal quality....

OT: Having finished Gears 1 for the second time yesterday I´m even more exited about the new one than before... all I hope for is that they up the single-player by an hour or two...

Gears 2 is going to better all around. Here is the tech demo if anyone doubts it.

Rock_on_2008 said:

I like the smaller numbers in Gears online. It offers a different experience and you really start to develop rivalries in-game. Though, IMO, 8 players per server is too few. 12 would be preferrable.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Well I'm definitely hoping for a longer single player ^^; thats my primary focus on games after all. 4 player split-screen would be friggin stellar :D or at least 4 player online co-op. But please, PLEASE work with the following:

More enemy types, your working with an alien race :D Get creative xD

More Weapon types, one of the biggest turnoffs about the first one for me ><

More COLOR o.o; EVERYTHING was either gray or brown :x Please remedy xD

Change the shooting sound effects :x

A few more "Epic" Battles, corridors are fine and all, but I really liked the more open areas.

Make the bosses not suck! Far too easy in Gears xD ESP in co-op.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

gow1 was a good game, it really was the 1st true next gen game, although after 1 playthrough i traded it in.

hopefully it will have a longer single player.

looking at the maps on unreal3 on ps3 surely gears 2 will look better than gears 1

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Yo! Gears of War 2 is gonna be so BOSS!!!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

I love the thread titel =p.