By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2=Epic Win?

Epic makes awesome multiplayer games and awesome engines. Gears of War 1 was rated at over 90 on Metacritic and Epic being a top tier developer with an Engine to sell has every incentive to make GOW2 as big as it possibly can. Furthermore, this time around the GOW franchise has a much higher profile, so to sell all it has to do is be equally good while fixing a few of the little faults with the first game. If it does this, there is no reason why it shouldn't sell over 5 million units in its lifetime. So you see? It's an Epic Winner. Furthermore I think the more anyone attacks the game due to it coming on the wrong system, the more I think they are afraid of it. AAA game from an AAA developer.

Tease.

Around the Network

You're not wrong. I am confident it will refine and improve on the first. Hopefully have a more fleshed out single player as well.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Good times... only bad thing is that we have to wait till November.

It'll need a better and coherent storyline.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I just hope for a slightly longer story, and 4-player splitscreen. Also, Chainsaw duels like in that teaser would be AWESOME!

Other than that, the normal sequel stuff--better graphics, new weapons, and a few smaller surprises (maybe up the mp-count to 12).

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
I just hope for a slightly longer story, and 4-player splitscreen. Also, Chainsaw duels like in that teaser would be AWESOME!

Other than that, the normal sequel stuff--better graphics, new weapons, and a few smaller surprises (maybe up the mp-count to 12).

What he said.

4 player co-op and 12 player MP would be fantastic. I understand Epic's desire to keep Gears "intimate" and not turn multi-player into massive battles but 8 is just too few IMO.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I just hope that that whole ranked multiplayer system changes because right now, there's really no incentive to play ranked because nowadays, it takes way too long to get a game started. I like being able to choose what map to play on, but games need to start faster. And o ya, do something about quitters.

http://www.youtube.com/sweetlamakidsenior .....SSBB, Gears, GTA vids

Sweetlamakid got banned so it's now sweetlamakidsenior

"Good games come and go, but Gears is forever"

Whoever thinks that gears 2 will be anything less than great is a fool.

If its anything like the first then count me out. I don't need to play a shooter that is stereotypical in every possible way.

But Epic is a good developer and I'm hoping with Gears 2 they give us a real "new series" and more cool new gameplay ideas like they did with the Chainsaw gun in the first one.

@Zucas
"that is stereotypical in every possible way. "

Like for example the cover system?
Or the cinematic camera will you run?
Or the over the shoulder view?
Or the jumping all over the place and rolling around to avoid enemys?
Or the brilliant art direction?
Or the melee encounters?

Sorry pal, you re talking about another game there. Not Gears of War...