By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Scalebound was set for that, sadly, another from the E3 2014 line-up

Tagged games:

Such a shame. I always said it was one of the games that was tempting me to get an x1 before the announcement of it being on windows that is. But when that announcement came, I was even more excited.

But now it is RIP. I hope we find out what went wrong soon. But something of this scale was bound to go wrong

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Augen said:

If anything it will be pointed to when people claim a "winner" of E3 how game announcements are nice, but see how they play out over following 3-4 years.

For example, I love The Last Guardian, but Shenmue III and Final Fantasy VII:R could end up not coming out until 2018/2019 and end up with serious issues (I hope not) making that Sony conference not seem quite a smind blowing as it felt at the time. We shall see.

Well, Shenmue 3 was set for 2017, maybe it won't miss it by much, but FF 7 Remake... yeah, we might be waiting a good while for this one, and the thing will be released in parts...

I'll be surprised if Shenmue 3 releases before 2019. That's got to be one of the dumbest E3 reveals I've seen. Right behind FfVII Remake, actually.

Bristow9091 said:
It's a shame to see the game cancelled, I always thought it looked pretty interesting and with a bit of polish could be a great game... it was also one of the only games that I'd consider buying an XBO for.

I wonder if Microsoft would ever sell the IP or change their mind and start development up again...

I'm pretty sure those bridges were burned. I dont think anyone would be willing to pay for the IP aswell, they would just change the name.

BraLoD said:
Trunkin said:

I'll be surprised if Shenmue 3 releases before 2019. That's got to be one of the dumbest E3 reveals I've seen. Right behind FfVII Remake, actually.

Shenmue 3 was a very clever marketing play, and it worked wonderfully, the funding was that big exactly because it was announced at E3.
Not dumb at all.

I mean dumb in the sense that they announced a game that may or may not have ever seen the light of day at all. They were getting people excited for something that, given the history of Kickstarter, no one should have been hyper about. As far as early announcements are concerned, it doesn't get any worse than that. 

But sure, it worked. The Kickstarter was a massive success. Though even their initially stated goal was misleading.

I see a lot of people saying Project Spark was canceled. That's not correct. Canceled means it never released. Project Spark released and was available at retail. They shut the online component off, but it still plays fine on console, just can't share games obviously. PC, idk, but it being PC I am sure there are workarounds people have found.

The only E3 2014 game we haven't got that bothered me was Fable, I thought it looked pretty decent. But there's a reason games get canceled. Scalebound looked terrible. People are saying a lot of bad things about how MS handled the game and handled PG, and who knows if its true or not, but the bottom line is the game PG was making and showed off to us looked like absolute garbage.

Around the Network

So...what's going to sell the Xbox One Slim and Scorpio? Cause Halo Wars 2, State of Decay 2, Cuphead, Sea of Thieves, and Crackdown 3 might be "The greatest Xbox line up ever"...but that's not saying much. And now hardcore gamers don't have a reason to purchase an Xbox for Scalebound, or to purchase it on the Microsoft App store on Windows 10. So what's the point? Lol none of Microshit's shitty exclusives are going to sell. If the Scorpio sells well, it's because of console enthusiasts who want a powerful console - or it's going to be because they surprise us with a Halo 3 remaster/Halo 6 beta.

Trunkin said:
BraLoD said:

Well, Shenmue 3 was set for 2017, maybe it won't miss it by much, but FF 7 Remake... yeah, we might be waiting a good while for this one, and the thing will be released in parts...

On one hand it was crazy to get a game never expected and no leaks, on the other these long waits do leave games open to taking "forever" if at all to come out.  Personally I like E3 announcements to be games coming out in following 18 months, but I get the desire to make a splash before people are aware of a project.

Microsoft did a lot mistakes in this console generation... They wasted so many opportunities for the Xbox One...

Dr.Vita said:
Microsoft did a lot mistakes in this console generation... They wasted so many opportunities for the Xbox One...

and yet it still keeps selling at about the same clip as the PS4 in the United States.

BraLoD said:
Augen said:

On one hand it was crazy to get a game never expected and no leaks, on the other these long waits do leave games open to taking "forever" if at all to come out.  Personally I like E3 announcements to be games coming out in following 18 months, but I get the desire to make a splash before people are aware of a project.

The game in your sig was talked about 2015, announced 2016, and we are most likely getting it around 2019/2020, tho

Exactly.  The splash is made by games coming out of nowhere.  Now I have the long wait, and hopefully no cancellation, of Death Stranding.