By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Rising 4 is so bad compared to Dead Rising 1

Its a fun game. I'd play a lot more if there were still campaign co-op like DR3.

Doing things different than the first doesn't make it bad :)

Around the Network

Huge difference in the details. I could probably make a similar comparison between something like Mass Effect and Mass Effect Andromeda but that's just how it is.

Five years ago Dead Rising was unplayable.

It really aged bad.

This is the biggest downgrade since the No Man's Sky incident!

SWORDF1SH said:

No. 

In a lot of ways, it's an upgrade. They made a video focussing on little things DR1 did that DR4 doesn't. You could make a video doing the same for Resident Evil 1 and Resident Evil 4. And you could make a video of DR4 improvements, too.

I played DR1 back when it first came out and I have DR4. Hell, I have every DR except "Off the Record". I'm not the industry standard bearer or anything but I'd rather play DR4.

Some would argue "It's not Dead Rising, anymore" and that's them. The same argument could be made for any Mario game. I can see their point but I disagree.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

No. 

In a lot of ways, it's an upgrade.

Not sure what thing can be considered an upgrade in Dead Rising 4, though. Can't think of any, save for graphics.

I agree. I got the game and its such a blast to mow through 1000s of zombies. However, removal of the time limit,and psychopaths hurts. To add to that the real ending is locked behind a shitty 15 dollar dlc, all thanks to crapcom. There arent any notable new features as well. Still a fun game to play though. I rank this above 3 only because we got the return of Frank West

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

SWORDF1SH said:

Yeah, no. Not the same at all. Joke post?

It's unfortunate, because Dead Rising 1 was a great concept with some shaky execution that could have used a remake. This is just lazy.

And, to all of those saying that fans just have to go with the change, all the changes are completely unnecessary. There is no reason that they couldn't have given us a timed and untimed mode, or given the option to turn friendly fire on or off. Even if they made "pro" mode a reward for playing the game, that'd have been fine. No reason they couldn't have made a game that worked for both audiences.

Wright said:
d21lewis said:

No. 

In a lot of ways, it's an upgrade.

Not sure what thing can be considered an upgrade in Dead Rising 4, though. Can't think of any, save for graphics.

Can't combine weapons to make crazy weapons. That's one.

I don't know why but I guess I'm playing the role of "guy with dissenting opinion". I like the series but I guess I'm not a hardcore superfan. I think it would paint a better picture if the just did an evolution of the series. 1 to 2. Then, 2 to 3. Finally, 3 to 4. Comparing 1 to 4 is a drastic jump. 

Are there some changes that could have been handled better? Sure. I thought it was cool that they were going back to three original location with the original main character and streamlining the experience. I hated some if the mechanics in DR1 and even DR2 (though there's temptation to buy the Collection so I have them all on one console...).

Maybe I'm too forgiving or easily pleased.