By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
quickrick said:

As for the alt accounts, and knowing how much rol hates me and wants me gone. i wouldn't be surprised if he's messaging people telling them to agree with his posts, as well as making new accounts to just to agree and never using them post.  

I don't think this is the case at all. There are genuinely a lot of people on here that want you gone.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
quickrick said:

As for the alt accounts, and knowing how much rol hates me and wants me gone. i wouldn't be surprised if he's messaging people telling them to agree with his posts, as well as making new accounts to just to agree and never using them post.  

I don't think this is the case at all. There are genuinely a lot of people on here that want you gone.

I'm sure all the nintendo fans that participate in sales thread for sure, but even the biggest sales thread you see like 14 or so posting/discussing, but 28 agreements, something is not right. if you know rol, he been writhing lengthy posts to get be me banned and talking to mods for a year now, so i wouldn't be surprised at all. 

Not the place to be arguing about this in my opinion.- As long as Quickrick (And any other user for that matter) abides by the rules, then they are more than welcomed to stay as long as they damn well please.
Nor is it even polite to tell someone that the majority of anything wants them gone.

Don't make this personal, argue the arguments that are presented, not with the individual itself.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Barkley said:
OTBWY said:

Since when is giving a like to a post that you agree with (even though it might be backseat moderating) being emotional and wanting to start a lynch mob? I get it, you feel the need to defend QuickRick cause well, we know why. Let's not kid ourselves. But honestly, what is wrong with giving a like and how do you even know it's most likely all Nintendo fans?

Please enlighten me on what you think my motivation is, I hope you're accusing me of being "Anti-Nintendo" because that would be hysterical.

But it's a pretty basic observation to make. People liked the post because they want Quickrick gone. The people who want Quickrick gone are for the majority Nintendo fans (This should be common sense). Why do Nintendo Fans want quickrick gone? Because of his very low Nintendo Switch predictions. The "Cliff" comment has clearly stuck with people.

All you're doing is making a lot of assumptions based on... very little. You're overblowing things. Nobody ever said he should be gone from the site. QuickRick gets moderated accordingly (Idk what his record is, but he does get moderated), so you must accuse mods of being biased because they might be Nintendo fans and thus want him gone. That's the only issue here, him making comments not based on much and going nuts on people who question his unfounded commentary which always seems to be about downplaying Nintendo news, even if it is clearly positive news. That's why people liked that comment, cause backseat moderating aside, it is right on the money.

Also about the Cliff comment. He doubled down on that phrase. He stuck with it. So that's why it keeps coming back. It's become a VGC meme by his own doing.

It looks like my worst possible fears came true with the post approval system and it looks like we have our first casualty here even if it is a user with a checkered history that I probably also wouldn't come to his defense so easily ...

It's probably the first instance of the system's abuse where a fairly devastating post is getting validation because of a mob mentality and this probably isn't going to be the last time where we see it happen ...

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Not the place to be arguing about this in my opinion.- As long as Quickrick (And any other user for that matter) abides by the rules, then they are more than welcomed to stay as long as they damn well please.
Nor is it even polite to tell someone that the majority of anything wants them gone.

Don't make this personal, argue the arguments that are presented, not with the individual itself.

Abiding by the rules doesnt mean the problem isnt gone anymore though. Its more as a Shield to protect those who are abusing what they are doing. Even though Rol went a bit far, he did say what was on everyone (most people) minds and like he said we arent going to openly say it out loud because no one wants to get in trouble/banned/etc.

This is deja vu all over again, i was basically victim to this back mostly in 2016/17 that i always got baited and banned from someone that most people wish they could of ignored (to that persons defense he is much more behaved now thank god).

Rol basically self sacrificed himself to prove a point, and though i dont agree i want someone permanbanned, the same thing os going to happen over and over again intill something changes.

Lastly its not only nintendo fans (this isnt directed at you) but alot of good posters are fed up with certain users obnoxious behavior on the site. But eh i dont want to get into it. Just throwing my 2 cents in (im not good at explaining this stuff lol)

Can we have a tournament with permabanned users and the winner of the tournament gets unbanned?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Mob mentality? lol, stop acting like Rick is the victim. There is no "lynch mob" either. Gimme a break, guys.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Barkley said:
morenoingrato said:

So if a very large number of the members of this community "agree" with a post that relates to the site and moderation to an extent: Should that post not be taken by the mod team as legitimate feedback?

The "Agrees" are most likely all Nintendo fans that are upset over negative predictions about their console of choice. Having a very negative outlook for a company, and making negative predictions (no matter how bad) should not be a punishable offence, unless it can be unequivocally proven that he doesn't believe the predictions he's making, which I don't believe is the case. The people that "Agreed" with that post need to stop being so emotional to want to start a lynch mob to remove someone from the site because they said a console they like will do badly.

All you have to do is wait for the outcome, and if you can't deal with it, ignore him.

Just look how long the drill lasted on here and he obviously didn't believe what he was saying. I believe Rick does and he has integrity too. Very argumentative like myself but that's just a human trait. 

The big probably is the mob mentality that targets 1 poster in many threads and as a result ruins them. That's the biggest issue around here but it seems the rules are like a shield protecting them. 

fatslob-:O said:

It looks like my worst possible fears came true with the post approval system and it looks like we have our first casualty here even if it is a user with a checkered history that I probably also wouldn't come to his defense so easily ...

It's probably the first instance of the system's abuse where a fairly devastating post is getting validation because of a mob mentality and this probably isn't going to be the last time where we see it happen ...

What's this post approval system? 

Kerotan said:
Barkley said:

The "Agrees" are most likely all Nintendo fans that are upset over negative predictions about their console of choice. Having a very negative outlook for a company, and making negative predictions (no matter how bad) should not be a punishable offence, unless it can be unequivocally proven that he doesn't believe the predictions he's making, which I don't believe is the case. The people that "Agreed" with that post need to stop being so emotional to want to start a lynch mob to remove someone from the site because they said a console they like will do badly.

All you have to do is wait for the outcome, and if you can't deal with it, ignore him.

The big probably is the 1 poster that targets the mob mentality in many threads and as a result ruins them. 

FTFY