By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
VGPolyglot said:
potato_hamster said:
Sorry Ladies and Gentlemen, I was on vacation for the past week. No internet. It was fantastic! Looks like I missed a doozy of a week here! But I'm back just in time for me to take one for the team.

Quick rhetorical question: Why didn't Rol bring this attention to the mods as he has here in October?

So, I know it was rhetorical, but I decided to do some research on it. He actually did bring it up in October:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8583961

However, I guess he didn't actually report any of contestgamer's posts.

Fair enough, but  I actually believes that strengthens my point. He brought it up in this thread in comparatively minute detail, not seeing any action, Carl asked if a mod had reached out to him, Rol said "No." and with that, it apparently was let go... until yesterday, when he used it to defend himself.

edit: didn't see the warning before posting this. I have no interest to continue with this dialog if it's inappropriate for this thread.

Last edited by potato_hamster - on 04 June 2018

Around the Network
RolStoppable said: 

The above is my moderation. I was banned for alleged slander of the mod team. By bringing up the case from last October I could irrefutably prove that the mod team lets hate speech/highly offensive material fly, so the context of the moderation changes from a ban for slander to a ban for speaking about a truth that the mod team doesn't want to hear.

Now this is the attitude i hope to see in some topics in the next week

BANNED: Ignored the Thread Warning ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 04 June 2018

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Great news :)

CGI-Quality said:

📣📣

I have updated the Forum Rules. A few bullets have been added to Rule 13 (Insults and Flaming), along with a new Highlighted Bullet in Rule 19 (Problems With Moderation). 

I think that the term "the 'N' word" is a bit vague, I think that it should expressly say that the word "nigger" is banned, or if it's meant to be more broad to also include terms like "nigga", because as it is now it's a bit unclear whether it's the former (only nigger) or the latter (nigger and terms that have morphed from it).

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
CGI-Quality said:

📣📣

I have updated the Forum Rules. A few bullets have been added to Rule 13 (Insults and Flaming), along with a new Highlighted Bullet in Rule 19 (Problems With Moderation). 

I think that the term "the 'N' word" is a bit vague, I think that it should expressly say that the word "nigger" is banned, or if it's meant to be more broad to also include terms like "nigga", because as it is now it's a bit unclear whether it's the former (only nigger) or the latter (nigger and terms that have morphed from it).

Because people will be confused and have no idea what the N word refers to.

HomokHarcos said:
VGPolyglot said:

Because people will be confused and have no idea what the N word refers to.

Well, there are those who view the word "nigger" as offensive while not viewing the term "nigga" in the same manner. I would consider both as slurs but I think it should be made clear to just get it sorted out sooner rather than potential complications later.

Bristow9091 said:
VGPolyglot said:

It really isn't, you're just nitpicking. It's as clear as day that "The N word" means "nigger" or "nigga", since those two are the same word spelled differently, and if we just had "nigger" on the list, someone could use "nigga" as an insult and argue that they didn't use the "er" spelling so they were unfairly moderated. It's very simple, "The N word" covers all variations of that specific word. End of case.

It may be nitpicky, but now that it's been made explicitly clear it could avoid potential headaches in the future.

CGI-Quality said:

📣📣

I just read those and it says that "Jap" is considered a racial insult.

So no more talking about Jap animation? I honestly thought that Jap is short for Japanese, did not think it was derogatory.

Perhaps the word should be considered an insult depending on the context.

For example someone going: "Those filthy Japs..." would clearly be insulting but someone going "The Japs have made huge advances in robotics" would clearly not be meant as an insult, or at least in my opinion. I hope you don't think I'm splitting hairs, it's just that I might end up using that word in a good way and still be banned for it.

RolStoppable said:
'Jew' is a religious slur? I've seen people say 'jews' all the time and unlike the term 'japs', it has never been pointed out by anyone that it is a slur.

It could be a sign of a language shift from a non-offensive term to derogatory. Jap was the noun for a Japanese person but it was used as an insult so often during World War II that it is now considered offensive. The same could be happening with the term Jew.