By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Azuren said:
vivster said:

I doubt there is any malice here. It's just 2 people who don't know when to shut up and leave something to rest. They're both at fault obviously.

I'm not calling for a ban but for basic civility here. We can talk all day how mods should handle difficult people and how users should react to problem users but it's all going down the drain if even the staff cannot adhere to the most basic rules of civility and common decency.

The biggest problem for me here is that this is NOT a singular case. You might say Talon is a repeat offender for railing against other users and there should be at least some kind of consequences. In what form they'll follow is up to the mods and staff but just ignoring cases like this should not be the way to go.

Hey, I have an idea:

Let's all have an agenda against the one person working (for free) to better this website we all use. Nevermind him constantly giving up his own free time to do this rather than play games, nevermind the stress it puts on him; his frustration is unacceptable and we should ban him.

... Wait, that's a really stupid idea.

Yes, let's take jabs at each other while we are at it. The very thing mods are banning users on this site.

No really, no one, especially Vivster didn't said that Talon should get banned in the first place, so n1 for placing words in his mouth. 

People do appreciate his work on this site and probably  most people do including me. No one argues against his engagement on supporting this site. But this doesn't mean to act like childs on each other. I feel like I walked into a Kindergarten right now. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
Peh said:
Azuren said:

Hey, I have an idea:

Let's all have an agenda against the one person working (for free) to better this website we all use. Nevermind him constantly giving up his own free time to do this rather than play games, nevermind the stress it puts on him; his frustration is unacceptable and we should ban him.

Yes, let's take jabs at each other while we are at it. The very thing mods are banning users on this site.

No really, no one, especially Vivster didn't said that Talon should get banned in the first place, so n1 for placing words in his mouth. 

People do appreciate his work on this site and probably  most people do including me. No one argues against his engagement on supporting this site. But this doesn't mean to act like childs on each other. I feel like I walked into a Kindergarten right now. 

You know pointing that out instead of walking away, makes you fit right in

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Azuren said:
vivster said:

I doubt there is any malice here. It's just 2 people who don't know when to shut up and leave something to rest. They're both at fault obviously.

I'm not calling for a ban but for basic civility here. We can talk all day how mods should handle difficult people and how users should react to problem users but it's all going down the drain if even the staff cannot adhere to the most basic rules of civility and common decency.

The biggest problem for me here is that this is NOT a singular case. You might say Talon is a repeat offender for railing against other users and there should be at least some kind of consequences. In what form they'll follow is up to the mods and staff but just ignoring cases like this should not be the way to go.

Hey, I have an idea:

If it puts so much stress on him I'd be happy for him to have an indefinite break from this painful job, so he can finally relax.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

kirby007 said:
Peh said:

You know pointing that out instead of walking away, makes you fit right in

Sorry, I just don't like people pissing at each other on a board I like to visit. Especially if it comes from way high up. 

There is no need to go further than this. What does it even accomplishes other than people looking down on someone? 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

vivster said:
Aeolus451 said:

Okay, lets follow this to its natural conclusion. Are we gonna give talon a ban over this? No. Why? Because he fixes shit and implements improvements. Talon is not a normal user and he doesn't normally accuse people or cause mischief. Talon volunteers to help the site in a significant way. If he keeps accusing people out in the open then he should provide proof or be quiet about his suspicions or not lash out. Why would someone think it's a good time to mess with him at this time is a good idea is beyond me.

Again, you're forgetting that he's an admin that improves the site and fixes issues. He does it for free and doesn't have to do anything. He has special privileges that a regular user doesn't. People should have enough common sense not to aggravate him for the lols and leave him be. Keep bothering him and he  might just stop fixing things.

What he did is in no way a big enough problem to warrant this reaction or for any mod to bother with this. So lets just drop this "this a problem" because we all know this forum drama ain't going anywhere.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
vivster said:

Again, you're forgetting that he's an admin that improves the site and fixes issues. He does it for free and doesn't have to do anything. He has special privileges that a regular user doesn't. People should have enough common sense not to aggravate him for the lols and leave him be. Keep bothering him and he  might just stop fixing things.

What he did is in no way a big enough problem to warrant this reaction or for any mod to bother with this. So lets just drop this "this a problem" because we all know this forum drama ain't going anywhere.

I wasn't trying to aggravate him though, I was trying to make him feel a bit better as I could tell that he was frustrated with all the time and effort it took to deal with the spammer, and I wanted to let him know that it wasn't meaningless and that it would have benefits to the site.

VGPolyglot said:
Aeolus451 said:

I wasn't trying to aggravate him though, I was trying to make him feel a bit better as I could tell that he was frustrated with all the time and effort it took to deal with the spammer, and I wanted to let him know that it wasn't meaningless and that it would have benefits to the site.

Others were poking at him and like me, you're a bit of a contrarian.

vivster said:
Azuren said:

Hey, I have an idea:

If it puts so much stress on him I'd be happy for him to have an indefinite break from this painful job, so he can finally relax.

So you would actively have the site stagnate instead of putting away your grudge?

I think I'd rather have you take an indefinite break, if that's the case.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
vivster said:

So you would actively have the site stagnate instead of putting away your grudge?

I think I'd rather have you take an indefinite break, if that's the case.

Yes to bolded. Times a hundred.

RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

Yes to bolded. Times a hundred.

vivster is an invaluable member of this community.

In value i rate him above you, you win regarding jokes/sarcasm/wit/not being a pansy but overall he is the better choice

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.