By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
fatslob-:O said: 

Much less, VGP never engaged with me in private after that post ... 

What VGP is doing is underhanded since he's trying to bait me by getting the mods to backseat moderate me and I only just realized from past few posts that he's trying to remove from this community ... 

We have talked in PMs in the past before and it went nowhere, so I don't see what would have been different this time. And I didn't think it was a secret, but as I believe that you have no intention of changing your views, yes, I do want you gone from this community.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:

We have talked in PMs in the past before and it went nowhere, so I don't see what would have been different this time. And I didn't think it was a secret, but as I believe that you have no intention of changing your views, yes, I do want you gone from this community.

Fine with me since I've lost all conscience to forgive you or let alone reason with you ... (and I also know you only to change my views to create your own ideal echo chamber and not out of intellectual honesty) 

Good riddance to you and don't EVER respond to my posts in the future and I mean it! 

Worst part of all this is I got moderated in the context of a over 1 year old post!

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yes, I do equate them.

Then you are crazy.

If you strongly respond to someone who said that black people should not be allowed to breed anymore, then you aren't politically correct, you are merely not sick in the head.

I just call that being a decent person or normal.

RolStoppable said:

I did acknowledge that your awareness (pretty much equal to attitude and style) has increased, but your mind hasn't changed.

There's a popular quote I really like: "There are lies, damned lies and statistics." - The quote describes statistics as the worst thing of all and there's a lot of truth to it, because statistics can be used for the most malicious reasons. I use statistics to troll at times. I present facts to support an argument, but that doesn't mean that the interpretation of said facts is correct. I usually do it in such an over the top way that most people have no real problem to identify it as trolling, especially those who are already familiar with me. Those who bite will be tossed back into the water after a short while.

Anyway, the point is that statistics can be used to support anything you want. When you repeatedly use statistics to support your point of view - like a year ago when you claimed that the color of your skin makes you superior to other people - but said statistics don't hold up under scrutiny, then the most obvious conclusion is that you cherry-pick statistics to support a conclusion that you've already made before looking up statistics. It's a backwards approach, because data should be analyzed before a conclusion is drawn. If you start with the conclusion, you are prone to employ a heavy dose of confirmation bias, meaning that you pick only the data that suits the desired conclusion while you disregard everything else.

You use the same process in your "Switch is in trouble" argumentation. When November NPD numbers were released, you considered them a personal victory against me. You felt vindicated for the things you had said before and proceeded to declare that Nintendo must be concerned about their holiday performance. But ultimately, Nintendo increased their forecast for the fiscal year by another million units after the holiday quarter, so you ended up being wrong again. And still, you aren't stopping for a moment to reconsider your approach, but instead double down on your process. You see no reason to stay quiet about it, because repeated refusal of facts isn't going to get moderated. That's the difference between your racist argumentation and your anti-Switch argumentation; the consequences for the former force you to censor yourself.

That got more elaborate than intended, but so be it. I simply have no reason to believe that you have changed your mind about races.

My awareness hasn't increased, you just make the assumption that it did and Mark Twain wouldn't know anything about statistics since he has no formal education on it ... (much less he was a writer by the majority of his career) 

Except the difference between my race argument and Switch argument is that I've only raised a possibility for the latter based on an incomplete data set while the data I used for the former was after the fact sampling which STILL* has yet to be disproved by another paper or study to this very day so it's nearly impossible to be caught in a confirmation bias in that case ... 

I don't care if you think I've changed my mind about races or not but you just changed your goal post again based on my pointing out the timing of my post ... 

Around the Network

How does the mod e-mail work? Does it get sent to the entire team, or to one person?

VGPolyglot said:
How does the mod e-mail work? Does it get sent to the entire team, or to one person?

Zorro recieves the mail and prints it out. He then will ride tornado to axum, there they discuss it and copy it and then send it per pidgeon to the other mods. Then a fake message will be send towards Rol using a system of handeggs and fonduepots. After this they meet in rivendel and debate how to respond and which action will be take once they leave for mordor. Then an eagle wil deliver the message to a slave who will type the response back to you.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

CGI-Quality said:
VGPolyglot said:

We all can access/see it.

OK. I also mentioned it in the thread, but the Forum Rules post was updated today. What was changed in it?

RolStoppable said:

You either are or you aren't ... (I don't think the description is continuous) 

I still stand in my defense that racial statistics shouldn't be conflated with racism ... 

Still waiting for you to rollback on your allegation that I'm racist since this event was only brought to light by the fact that VGP went around cherry picking a year old post to prove his point out of my many other posts that didn't get moderated for my controversial discussions about the topic ... 

What VGP did was awful much to the like of toastboy who intentionally tried to bait everyone into getting banned by then reporting them but I don't find it funny in this instance since he made it personally driven by his ideological rage however the mods letting it slide anyways ... 

Last edited by fatslob-:O - on 13 March 2018

fatslob-:O said:
RolStoppable said:

You either are or you aren't ... (I don't think the description is continuous) 

I still stand in my defense that racial statistics shouldn't be conflated with racism ... 

Still waiting for you to rollback on your allegation that I'm racist since this event was only brought to light by the fact that VGP went around cherry picking a year old post to prove his point out of my many other posts that didn't get moderated for my controversial discussions about the topic ... 

What VGP did was awful much to the like of toastboy who intentionally tried to bait everyone into getting banned by then reporting them but I don't find it funny in this instance since he made it personally driven by his ideological rage however the mods letting it slide anyways ... 

You know, if you want me to stop responding to you, you shouldn't bring me up and talk about me. I showed the post from a year ago for context (and to show that you were banned for it in the past so there is precedence for banning people for racist posts), and when you claimed that I was misrepresenting you I posted more posts to show that it was not just a one-time thing. And yes, I have anti-racism as one of my ideologies, and I don't see how it's a bad thing that I want action done against racist posts.