By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - It is 2017, the year of PROJECT SCORPIO, are you ready for the beast!?

SvennoJ said:
Sure, ready for another year of wild speculation, rumors, secret sauce, lots of PR words, countless nitpicking, pixel/fps counting youtube preview videos, then after 2 more rounds of gpu releases, numerous threads on how to build a $500 Scorpio PC before it releases.

Meanwhile the most likely to happen is a 0.18 tf handheld hybrid to run away with sales. It's going to be a fun year, where sadly VR will mostly continue to be ignored. (Unless Nintendo actually does it)

I don't think the Switch taking off is the most likely of outcomes.  Especially if it launches for $249+.  In Japan, I'm sure it'll be a hit, but outside of there, it is just going to be too much to ask for something that weak.  Sure, it's great specs for a HH, but Nintendo is trying to use it to compete in both markets.  And less than 200 Gflops just isn't going to impress many core gamers.  And, again, if they are going to be asking $249+, I think that's going to severely limit their chances with casuals who are fine with playing games on their $50-$150 tablets.  Now, if they actually launch at $149-$199, they have a real shot at a hit.

Also, VR is going to be horrible on a 6.2" 720p screen, so I doubt it'll take off anymore than VR on phones has.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
SvennoJ said:
Sure, ready for another year of wild speculation, rumors, secret sauce, lots of PR words, countless nitpicking, pixel/fps counting youtube preview videos, then after 2 more rounds of gpu releases, numerous threads on how to build a $500 Scorpio PC before it releases.

Meanwhile the most likely to happen is a 0.18 tf handheld hybrid to run away with sales. It's going to be a fun year, where sadly VR will mostly continue to be ignored. (Unless Nintendo actually does it)

I don't think the Switch taking off is the most likely of outcomes.  Especially if it launches for $249+.  In Japan, I'm sure it'll be a hit, but outside of there, it is just going to be too much to ask for something that weak.  Sure, it's great specs for a HH, but Nintendo is trying to use it to compete in both markets.  And less than 200 Gflops just isn't going to impress many core gamers.  And, again, if they are going to be asking $249+, I think that's going to severely limit their chances with casuals who are fine with playing games on their $50-$150 tablets.  Now, if they actually launch at $149-$199, they have a real shot at a hit.

Also, VR is going to be horrible on a 6.2" 720p screen, so I doubt it'll take off anymore than VR on phones has.

Do you think the 3DS audience is going to switch to tablets and phones? Supporting one hybrid is the best that can happen to both WiiU and 3DS. But true, a lot depends on pricing.

Sure, VR is not going to be pretty at 720p. Neither was wii sports with pretty crappy motion controls. You didn't even need to make real movements and most of it autocorrected itself anyway. Yet Nintendo managed to sell the illusion and it became a huge hit. At least it will get some media attention if Nintendo is crazy enough to offer cardboard like glasses for the Switch.

Whatever happens, Switch will easily outsell Scorpio and ps4 pro combined. But sure, it might end up below XBox One S and PS4 slim based on too high of an initial price point.

thismeintiel said:
JRPGfan said:

Some on twitter where saying the same basically...

And this is why the PS4 is probably looking at its best year this year.  And at the very least, tie with last year.  Games, games, games.  We're also going to be getting a $249 permenant cut, with a $199 BF SKU.  The Pro is also going to be dropping to $299-$349 by the time the $399-$449 Scorpio drops.  A system that will have all of its games available on PC. And by the end of this year/beginning of next year, we're are going to be hearing rumors about the PS5, something that is going to drastically affect the sales of the Scorpio.  Scorpio is just too late, and too expensive, to really affect anything.

Personally, I've been wanting to get a Pro.  However, with the PS5 most likely launching in 2019, with a much better CPU and 9-10 Tflops GPU and most likely B/C with the PS4, I think I'm just going to wait for that.

I agree  on everything  besides  one.

We won't  hear  anything  about  the ps5 for at least  rhe mid/end of 2019

Ps5 ia going  to be released  around  end of 2020/begin or mid 2021.

2018 is waay to early 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

If I were an Xbox console-only fan, I would be excited. But, I would hope MS wouldn't be trying to gouge me in the process. To be honest, I think the Scorpio is going to practically be a next gen console anyway. I mean, why not? It'll be nice for them to come out with a console that will sell because they got enough of it right, not because they have to constantly mark it down with free giveaways.

Im glad to see lots of Sony and Nintendo fans joined this thread and are also hyped about Scorpio! I thought this thread wouldn't get soooo many replies!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Glad for people who want to upgrade and Scorpio is a premium one if they can manage an exclusive and utilize the consoles , i am still using my PC to play Xbox One games, and my PS4 is still normal one. I am planing to get Switch, and upgraded to new GPU as soon RX 490 comes out .

So i hope Xbox fans will have a happy year on 2017

SvennoJ said:
thismeintiel said:

Do you think the 3DS audience is going to switch to tablets and phones? Supporting one hybrid is the best that can happen to both WiiU and 3DS. But true, a lot depends on pricing.

Sure, VR is not going to be pretty at 720p. Neither was wii sports with pretty crappy motion controls. You didn't even need to make real movements and most of it autocorrected itself anyway. Yet Nintendo managed to sell the illusion and it became a huge hit. At least it will get some media attention if Nintendo is crazy enough to offer cardboard like glasses for the Switch.

Whatever happens, Switch will easily outsell Scorpio and ps4 pro combined. But sure, it might end up below XBox One S and PS4 slim based on too high of an initial price point.

Yea, but your eyes are going to be right up against the screen, with lenses magnifying the screen slightly. Even on a 1080p 5" phone you can start to see the pixels that make up the screen. At 6.2" and 720p, it'll be worse. I'm sure some will to play it, but it's not going to be huge or anything. No bigger than Google Cardboard.

xl-klaudkil said:
thismeintiel said:

And this is why the PS4 is probably looking at its best year this year.  And at the very least, tie with last year.  Games, games, games.  We're also going to be getting a $249 permenant cut, with a $199 BF SKU.  The Pro is also going to be dropping to $299-$349 by the time the $399-$449 Scorpio drops.  A system that will have all of its games available on PC. And by the end of this year/beginning of next year, we're are going to be hearing rumors about the PS5, something that is going to drastically affect the sales of the Scorpio.  Scorpio is just too late, and too expensive, to really affect anything.

Personally, I've been wanting to get a Pro.  However, with the PS5 most likely launching in 2019, with a much better CPU and 9-10 Tflops GPU and most likely B/C with the PS4, I think I'm just going to wait for that.

I agree  on everything  besides  one.

We won't  hear  anything  about  the ps5 for at least  rhe mid/end of 2019

Ps5 ia going  to be released  around  end of 2020/begin or mid 2021.

2018 is waay to early 

Nah. PS4 is going back to the gen model of PS1 and PS2. Around 6 years on the market and a successor is out. At the latest, we'll be hearing things about it in mid-late 2018.

I am ready!!! For the switch

I'm ready! Gonna preorder both the Scorpio and the Switch!

My only worry is which console gets evicted from the game room. My 4K already has five consoles connected to it. I don't think I can squeeze acute anything else in there.

bunchanumbers said:
d21lewis said:

In a way, I feel sorry for M$. They can address every issue people have and they'll still come up short.

-No power brick? It was never a big deal.
-Console looks like a VCR? We never cared.
-Controller uses batteries? So what.
-Best version of multiplats? It's not exclusive so it doesn't matter.
-Good exclusives? I'll just play them on my TV.
-Most powerful? Frame rates and resolution don't matter anymore. I don't even notice them.
-Focus on gaming? I can't forgive them for E3 2013.

There's literally nothing M$ can do to win because the fact of the matter is people just like other brands more. They'll let emotions stand in the way of a good/better experience. Things only matter and are blown out of proportion when M$ doesn't do it as well as the competition.

It's their job to sell the public on this console but I don't think it can be done.

This is my post of the thread and contender for post of the month. So much truth jam packed into 3 sentences. So powerful. So true.

First post of the month for 2017 for me until they actually pull of a Windows (as in when Windows became a thing) and they regain their supremacy...